Pirate and Princess Party Costume Question

Goof-Man

Hi All,:wave:

I am going to WDW in May and I have been informed of a Pirate and Princess Party. Now, my girlfriend and I are wondering about costumes for adults and the possibility of getting a princess dress at Disney.

Are there locations that sell adult sized dresses?

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I could not locate anything.

Thanks

H20Babie

Yea, me too (but a pirate wench). I would like to find out if there is any place on property that sells costumes for adults.

As for a Disney princess costume for your girlfriend, I found a really good site that ships to Canada and their prices aren't half bad:http://www.costumecraze.com.

They have Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine, Ariel and Belle, all in adult sizes, as well as Elizabeth Swann (as both pirate and the white 'princessy' dress). I'm debating whether to order one, as I would have to order by the end of today in order to have it before I leave.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is little to nothing in the way of adult costumes at WDW. Your best bet is to get something before your trip. If you want to go all out you can get some really high quality costumes from a costume rental place for next to nothing this time of year.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Do a lot of adults dress up?

I wouldn't want to stand out too much if it is not the norm, but I also want to have some fun :eek: I found one costume I really like but I would have to order it today.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do a lot of adults dress up?

I wouldn't want to stand out too much if it is not the norm, but I also want to have some fun :eek: I found one costume I really like but I would have to order it today.
There are not as many adults dressed us as there are during MNSSHP but there are enough to where you will not feel out of place. I debated dressing up for our tip in a couple of weeks but that involved growing the goatee back which is not a pleasant experience for me.

Upvote 0
I was just at the Party in February and was surprised at the number of adults in full blown Pirate gear - there were a lot! (I did not see alot of adult princes/princesses). I guess because it is the 2nd year now, people are much more into it because I did go in Feb 2007 and there were hardly any adults in costume. Anyway - get dressed up and have fun - you won't be out of place at all! :)

Upvote 0

wdwfan4eva

My sister and bro-in-law were there last week for the party. They made their costumes before they went. They said a lot of people were dressed up and most costumes looked fairly expensive.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

It seems like I read somewhere (I can't remember where) that if a grown-up girl wanted to do a package at BBB w/costume it can be done with prior notice. I suppose that's a way of getting a ladies size princess costume on property. I don't know of anything for the men, tho. You'd save a bundle by getting costumes before your trip. If you don't want to bring them in your luggage you could always ship them down to your resort.

The hubby and I will be going to the P&P Party in May. I've been thinking about maybe doing costumes. I don't know how excited he would be. I don't want to get anything real heavy or uncomfortable. Even at night it can be pretty warm in May.

Also, we went to a P&P Party last February. There were a good number of adults dressed up. One man looked JUST like Captain Jack Sparrow. No kidding. He looked sooooo good. We saw him as we were exiting CoP and asked if we could get our sons' pictures with him. He was so nice and agreed. After we took our pics we turned around to leave and people had lined up behind us. LOL! They thought it was a character meet. Anywhoo, we bumped back into the guy later in the evening and apologized if we got him "stuck" back at the CoP. He laughed and said it was fun. However, some other people were asking for pics with him by PotC and CM's asked him not to take pics with anymore guests. They said it was a liability thing. If anything he said or did was perceived wrong by another guest then the guest would think Disney was responsible. Understandable.

Dress up. Have fun. Don't take pics with other random guests or the Disney Police may have their way with ya. :lol:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

What did you pick up? Please tell!

I'm going to detach the striped skirt and wear it with either black leggings, a frayed jean skirt or jeans (depending on the evenings weather):

16845-main.jpg

I also ended up getting a pirate wig, it looks pretty cute:

51180-main.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom