Pirata y el Perico update

Kit-n-Dash

My family and I just got back from WDW. We ate at there last night. They were not taking reservations over the phone; however, you could walk up that day and get priority seating. This worked out well for us because there was a long wait, but since we had priority seating we only waited 5 minutes.

Once your name is called, you immediately pay and then are seated to your table. I definitely concur with the previous poster that the service was quite slow. Our biggest complaint was that we could not get a drink refill or our plates removed when we were ready for our next course.

My whole family loved the food. In fact, this was one of my family’s favorite meals. The meal is simple and great for picky eaters, which we are. My family is hoping that the restaurant stays so that they can eat there next year.

We too had no problems using the DDE card.

robhedin

dxwwf3 said:
How were the side dishes, in your opinion? All of them seemed to be right on target for this kind of meal. Cornbread, baked beans, corn on the cob, Disney Mac and Cheese.

The sides were good, but about what you'd expect. The corn was sweet, the beans seemed to have bit of a kick to them, the mac and cheese was mac and cheese. Both the wife and I really liked the potatos though, and the salads were quite good.

We tried pretty at least a little of pretty much everything they offered and didn't find anything that we didn't like.

Dj Corona

Okay, just so I have this straight, the Mexican menu is completely gone? Or is this buffet a dinnertime only thing? Going in October, and rest of my party and myself are wondering......nice to see Pirata opened for this time of year, but just not quite the way we envisioned minus the tacos!!

nibblesandbits

Dj Corona said:
Okay, just so I have this straight, the Mexican menu is completely gone? Or is this buffet a dinnertime only thing? Going in October, and rest of my party and myself are wondering......nice to see Pirata opened for this time of year, but just not quite the way we envisioned minus the tacos!!
Yes, you have it straight. As far as it's known, this is only a temporary menu change to see if it could become permanant. The mexican menu is gone, and from what I've heard Pirata is only open for dinner, as of right now.

darrin

This stinks. We used to have a hard time trying to get there when
it was open, as well. I really liked the old menu. Guess I'll have
to go to the mexico pavilion to get my fix. sheesh.:confused:

Beuford

OK the whole KC steak thing, well it is a company that prides themselves in a high quality steak cut from the sirloin with the fat tail end removed. Cities like to take the credit of having been the originators of a certain cut of beef, but rest asured NY or KC it was written in a French culinary book long ago.
Believe me I studied this stuff for years as a chef.
Its just a name brand stuck to a steak to make people want it more. It is a choice cut of beef just like you will find in any other casual rest. You want good beef, find a menu with the word Prime in front of the steak and eat it (just remeber it is double the price) as for a buffet, its a buffet get full, get, happy and go!:slurp:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
PhilharMagician said:
Just your freindly thread bump to find out what is going on on with Pirata Y El Perico. Is the buffet still being served?

nope :(

hasn't been served in over 3 weeks.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think there's roughly a 3-month "adjust and implement" period for anything they test out. For example the EMH nights they tested then brought online.

So, though its not open now, there's hope. It was well recieved.

dxwwf3

mousermerf said:
I think there's roughly a 3-month "adjust and implement" period for anything they test out. For example the EMH nights they tested then brought online.

So, though its not open now, there's hope. It was well recieved.

Good. That menu looked excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom