Pippas (Late) Report!

Hi everyone, well at last I have gotten around to my report!

Oct 25th
Glen and I set out for London Gatwick Airport and take advantage of twilight check in at the Virgin desk. This proves advantagous when we are given exit row seats as well as the fact we are booked into Premium Economy anyway! We then head off to Le Meridien for the night.
Oct 26th
Hooray the day is finally here to go to WDW!!!! We check out of Le Meridien and have breakfast after going through passport control, grab some duty free and board the plane (named Hot Lips!). Nice flight, OK food, good movies, I watched League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Legally Blonde 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean. As we descended we got a great view of Kennedy Space Centre and then we were there! Arrived at POR about 6.30pm and were checked in by Tym who almost threw the resort map at us and sent us on our way. I wasn't impressed as we were jet lagged, hungry and in need of a shower. So we plod off with all our luggage in search of our room which, thankfully was in Parterre Place room 9557, not that far away. After we showered, ate a yummy pizza from the in room delivery, we decided to hit the Adventurers Club at PI as its our favourite place at the whole of WDW and where Glen proposed! Lasted a couple of hours there before the time difference really took hold of us! so we gave in and headed to bed.
Oct 27th
Woke about 6am (you have to love jet lag) went to Epcot and did M:S. WOW! Loved it! I was worried about getting sick as I have a kind of phobia but we did it before breakfast!! We were in the Blue pod. Over to TT and LS. Did the American Adventure and Impressions de France which we hadn't done before, then stopped by the British Invasion and ate at Italy. Not impressed; warm food, rushed service and the waiter shoved the dessert tray under our faces with asking if we even wanted one. Anyhow tonight was the night of the unofficial WDW meet at the Adventurers Club. In the end it was only me and WannabeBelle ( who is completely mad!), we had a great night and met some folks who were part of doombuggies.com. It was great to put a face to a name and Glen captured it all on video!!
Oct 28th
MGM today, quite busy. Did TOT, RnRC, Millionaire (I got on the leaderboard!!!) I knew more American questions than I thought! But a couple of rows in front of me was a young guy, late teens, wearing a WDWMagic Meet T shirt, didn't get a chance to say hi though. Who was it???????? Lunch at the Brown Derby, yum! Off to the AC again and saw the Halloween Jubilee show which was new to us.
Oct 29th
Epcot again in the morning, went to DTD and had lunch at Planet Hollywood. Glen then went to Disney Quest while I went shopping at the Marketplace. Saw Fantasmic in the evening and taped it. Had supper at the food court at POR, loved thier individual pepperoni pizzas!!

More soon!

Pippa

Original Poster
Oct 30th
Picked our hire-car and went to Universal. Shrek 4D was cool and we were both extras at Earthquake. Did all the big rides at IOA. Tea at Ponderosa, I am very glad we don't have them in the UK as I would be the size of a house!!! Went to the AC again in the evening, love that place!
Oct 31st
One of the reasons of visiting the US was for Halloween as us British are rubbish at it. In the day we did stuff on IDrive; Titanic, Ripleys and bought trainers at Belz, found Diet Pepsi Vanilla at a supermarket (we don't have it at home). And in the evening we swapped the AC for the Horror night at IOA which was excellent fun! We loved the Psycho Scarapy house best and the Bill & Ted show, Glen bought a thing that you stick in your mouth and flashes (why?) It got very busy towards 11pm so we left but we had arrived at 7pm and had done most of the stuff besides everything had at least a 60 minute wait by then!
Nov 1st
Did Seaworld and became a Beermaster! Glen fed the stingrays and the sealions, I then felt the need to buy a cuddly stingray who I named Cecil. Tea at Ponderosa again and I think I got a bit high on carbs!! However we went off to the AC again for the night!
Nov 2nd
Had to give the car back then crashed in our room. Went over to Epcot late afternoon and wandered around the Boardwalk. Said hi to Pam Brody at the Rose & Crown who always remembers us bless her! Taped Reflections Of Earth. Still prefer that show over any night time show at WDW!
Nov 3rd
Animal Kingdom today. Tried Primeval Whirl thought it was a bit jerky. Did all our fav rides etc, got a good view of the construction site for Everest, think our next trip to WDW will be once thats up and running. Went to the AC early to tape some of the shows but it was closed until 9.30pm for a private function so I forced Glen into Christmas shopping at the Marketplace and then we spent the remainder of the night at the AC.

More tomorrow as I am off to my birthday party tonight and I have to get ready (birthday was yesterday)!!

Pippa

Original Poster
Nov 4th
Had a really long lie in and didn't get up until 11.45am, headed to Epcot and had lunch at Le Cellier. Lovely meal as always, the fact that we had a bottle of champagne helped! Magic Kingdom beckoned in the afternoon and we got to do Philharmagic which I loved! I think its my new fav 3D film as I wanted to eat the apple pie smell so badly! I did think that HM was a bit too "lets turn it into an advert for the movie" though. Stayed for Spectromagic and Wishes. I thought Wishes was great but I still love RoE more!
Nov 5th
Todays event was seeing Matrix Revolutions at DTD, movie was amazing however we had it spoiled by a guy behind us who thought it was appropriate to bring a baby to see it! The child could not have been older than 18 months. I mean what is the point??? Had early tea at Wolfgang Puck where I managed to send my Diet Coke flying across the room (by accident). Back to the AC in the evening and we chatted to the manager who helped arrange Glens surprise proposal 3 years ago and he asked us to be special guests of the night and help set off the midnight fireworks! Great fun, we got to go backstage at the West End stage and got a free T shirt. The button we pressed to start the fire works was, however, fake but thats Disney!
Nov 6th
Very wet today. Went back to MGM and did, amongst other stuff the HM movie set. Well, what a waste of 20 minutes that was! The video they showed us was even the one on the in room disney info channel. Back to the AC.
Nov 7th
Got woken up by VERY LOUD leafblowers outside our door, not impressed at all with that. Over to Epcot to do M:S again. Had lunch at Mexico and went back to POR to flop by the pool. Returned to Epcot to see RoE again then made a quick escape out of the Boardwalk and headed to the AC.
Nov 8th
Last full day. Woken up by the leafblower again. Lunch in China. Had to start packing, I hate that bit we started wondering where on earth 2 weeks had gone, it just flies by. Of course our last night was at the AC, the CMs had got to know us and even sang a verse of Oh When The Saints Go Marching In just for us with re-written words! Thanks to Mindy (Sonny the maid)!!
Said an emotional farewell to the AC.
Nov 9th
No No No I don't want to go home!!!
Tried to go to MGM for our last morning but it was the Super Soap Weekend and it was gridlocked so we just enjoyed the disney atmosphere for the last time. At the airport we lucked out and got Upper Class seats given to us, fabulous!
Nov 10th
9.09am landed back at London Gatwick, tired, fed up, broke and clinically depressed. Better start saving for the next trip!

Final thought.....Anybody else want to smack that silly woman that does the 7 best things to do at WDW thing on the TV or is it just me that thinks to get rid of the old Resort TV was utterly shameful??

monorail256

Originally posted by Pippa
Final thought.....Anybody else want to smack that silly woman that does the 7 best things to do at WDW thing on the TV or is it just me that thinks to get rid of the old Resort TV was utterly shameful??

HaHa! I know who you're talking about... isn't her name Krissa? It seemed everytime I turned on the T.V. when I was there, she always popped up. She's almost as bad as 'APPLIANCE DIRECT!'

DouglasE

I enjoyed your trip report. What I liked best about it is that it definitely has a decidedly English voice to it. Even if your location wasn't posted and you didn't say you were flying to/from Gatwick, you could tell it had an English perspective which made it great! Thank you so much for posting the report, late or otherwise!

Pippa

Original Poster
Originally posted by DouglasE
I enjoyed your trip report. What I liked best about it is that it definitely has a decidedly English voice to it. Even if your location wasn't posted and you didn't say you were flying to/from Gatwick, you could tell it had an English perspective which made it great! Thank you so much for posting the report, late or otherwise!

Thanks DouglasE! I didn't realise I sound/write English! :lol:

wannabeBelle

I do hope me being "Mad" is a good ting?? I had a great time hanging out with you and Glen though!! Best wishes for a very happy marriage!!! It couldnt happen to two nicer people!!! Belle

Pippa

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I do hope me being "Mad" is a good ting?? I had a great time hanging out with you and Glen though!! Best wishes for a very happy marriage!!! It couldnt happen to two nicer people!!! Belle

Hey Belle! Yes being mad is a good thing! BTW we have excellent video footage of the back of your head at the AC! If you have another official meet Glen and I will try to fly out for it! :wave:

wannabeBelle

Let's Let Pam recover from this one and see how she feels about being our go to person for next year!!!!! Did you see the pics from the Fantasmic Dessert party?? The name of the post is how was the Fantasmic Dessert Party. Check it out!! Me and my red cheeks!!! I should either be Snow White or Mrs. Claus!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom