Pionmycake Presents: Kansas Disneyland! - Completed

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This project was never completed as intended. A brief run down of the plan for it has been posted on page 3. Full descriptions for some aspects can be found on the pages before that.

Introduction
kmdonpX.png

You know the machine from Tron that transports humans into the computer? Well, that machine works in reverse too. In an attempt to destroy the world, the Master Control Program has been creating manifestations of the most evil and vile parts of the internet and bringing them into the real world. For decades, the MCP has been sending these vile creations into politics, but they went entirely unnoticed among the real life politicians. Now, the MCP has decided to replace Bob Iger with an evil version of him based entirely on the worst opinions of him found on WDWmagic.com.

Evil Iger wants to make a lot of money quickly, to cement his legacy as the one true king of Disney, to make another super sized park (like Shanghai), and to cut operating costs for Walt Disney World Resort. He has a plan to accomplish all these goals at once!

Evil Iger is going to sell Walt Disney World and the entire Florida property and use the money to build Kansas Disneyland. Operating costs in Walt Disney World will drop to zero! So much money will flow in fron the sale! A mega park can be built! And Evil Iger can build his legacy on the ashes of Walt Disney’s! It’s perfect from his perspective!

Why Kansas? Evil Iger can take advantage of America’s dying agriculture industry and buy up a bunch of farmland from struggling, hardworking farmers for a fraction of what it is actually worth! He even used a Count Olaf style disguise and a fake name (Rob Riger) so he could get a better price by not telling the farmers he works for Disney!

“What?!? That’s insane!! This is all insane and wrong!!!” You cry out. Your cries don’t reach Evil Iger. He can’t hear you over the sound his maniacal laughter in his Scrooge McDuck style money pool.

In order to cut down on costs, further Evil Iger has decided to ignore all the current imagineers and choose a random college programmer to design the park. Luckily for me, I am that random college programmer chosen to design the new mega park! The only rules I was given by Iger is that it must have 3 or 4 phases planned, when complete it must have roughly 47 total attractions (the same number WDW currently has), and it must have “Walt Disney can suck it! Wall Street loves me more! Buy Frozen toys!” written in spray paint on the side of the castle. Later, I went to talk to Evil Iger during his mid-morning puppy burning and convinced him that we could save money by writing it in invisible ink rather than expensive spray paint and then I just didn’t write the messages (we’ll keep that our little secret, don’t tell Evil Iger ;)).

Over the next few days and weeks (months?), I will be posting my plans for Disneyland Kansas here. Section by section. Phase by phase.

(Also, don’t worry. 4 teenagers and a dog in a van that have been traveling around solving mysteries since 1969 exposed evil Iger and the MCP. The sale of Disney World has been cancelled and the real, less evil Iger has been returned safely.)​

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Introduction
kmdonpX.png

You know the machine from Tron that transports humans into the computer? Well, that machine works in reverse too. In an attempt to destroy the world, the Master Control Program has been creating manifestations of the most evil and vile parts of the internet and bringing them into the real world. For decades, the MCP has been sending these vile creations into politics, but they went entirely unnoticed among the real life politicians. Now, the MCP has decided to replace Bob Iger with an evil version of him based entirely on the worst opinions of him found on WDWmagic.com.

Evil Iger wants to make a lot of money quickly, to cement his legacy as the one true king of Disney, to make another super sized park (like Shanghai), and to cut operating costs for Walt Disney World Resort. He has a plan to accomplish all these goals at once!

Evil Iger is going to sell Walt Disney World and the entire Florida property and use the money to build Kansas Disneyland. Operating costs in Walt Disney World will drop to zero! So much money will flow in fron the sale! A mega park can be built! And Evil Iger can build his legacy on the ashes of Walt Disney’s! It’s perfect from his perspective!

Why Kansas? Evil Iger can take advantage of America’s dying agriculture industry and buy up a bunch of farmland from struggling, hardworking farmers for a fraction of what it is actually worth! He even used a Count Olaf style disguise and a fake name (Rob Riger) so he could get a better price by not telling the farmers he works for Disney!

“What?!? That’s insane!! This is all insane and wrong!!!” You cry out. Your cries don’t reach Evil Iger. He can’t hear you over the sound his maniacal laughter in his Scrooge McDuck style money pool.

In order to cut down on costs, further Evil Iger has decided to ignore all the current imagineers and choose a random college programmer to design the park. Luckily for me, I am that random college programmer chosen to design the new mega park! The only rules I was given by Iger is that it must have 3 or 4 phases planned, when complete it must have roughly 47 total attractions (the same number WDW currently has), and it must have “Walt Disney can suck it! Wall Street loves me more! Buy Frozen toys!” written in spray paint on the side of the castle. Later, I went to talk to Evil Iger during his mid-morning puppy burning and convinced him that we could save money by writing it in invisible ink rather than expensive spray paint and then I just didn’t write the messages (we’ll keep that our little secret, don’t tell Evil Iger ;)).

Over the next few days and weeks (months?), I will be posting my plans for Disneyland Kansas here. Section by section. Phase by phase.

(Also, don’t worry. 4 teenagers and a dog in a van that have been traveling around solving mysteries since 1969 exposed evil Iger and the MCP. The sale of Disney World has been cancelled and the real, less evil Iger has been returned safely.)​
That backstory! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D Comedy aside, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
That backstory! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D Comedy aside, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thanks! I wanted to do an American park because I'm admittedly not familiar enough with any other cultures to design then a Disney. So, I decided to come up with the most ridiculous reason I could to justify building a third America park lol

kmbmw777

Introduction
kmdonpX.png

I can not wait to read this Pi! I love the thought you put into the introduction! :)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I can not wait to read this Pi! I love the thought you put into the introduction! :)
Thanks! I hope to have part 1 up today or tomorrow, but it will probably also be the least exciting part since I'm not making any huge changes to Main Street. I have a few ideas I think will be neat for a new twist to the basic Main Street concept.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Chapter One – Main Street U.S.A.
fc4f41eadd5a8dbfb71d1e00eb2fc6bb.jpg

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. These are the iconic words spoken by Walt Disney as he welcomed guests into Disneyland for the first time. What makes Disney parks truly special is that they transport guests out of the real world and into a new one. Not just the world of Disney characters, but a world that transcends individual franchises. You are not visiting the world of a character, but rather a world where these characters can live. No land establishes this concept as quickly or as perfectly as Main Street U.S.A.

More than just a recreation of an idealic small town, Main Street is a living space that blends Disney characters and icons with the charm and class of a time gone by. Enter under the train station into this turn of the century town with the iconic view of Fantasy Castle at the end of the road. For now, the train is just for decoration. Phase 3 will see the train completed (maybe phase 2. Still working on details).

eOt6SWD.png

Start in Town Square with a recreation of the famous Partners statue. The firehouse has been kind enough to leave a hydrant and some hoses on creating a refreshing water-play area for children and the young at heart to enjoy. Visit the Mechanics Shop for all your wheelchair and stroller rental needs. The Police Station is the central hub for security in the park. Would you like to meet the mayor of Main Street? Visit Mayor Mickey Mouse and the first lady, Minnie Mouse, in Town Hall! Guest Services is also housed in the town Hall building. Rounding out Town Square is The Main Street Theater. The theater houses a Broadway style show. The show will change every 2-4 years to keep a fresh energy here in the front of the park. The first show featured in the theater will be Moana: A Musical Adventure.

Heading down the west side of the road, you can find the ultimate one stop shop for Disney merchandise, The Emporium. The Penny Arcade is next down the road (Though the name is a bit misleading as it is basically just a regular arcade). At the end of the west side of the street you can get some delicious hot dogs from Casey’s Corner. Half way down the street is the west side bypass. An alley that connects to another land in the park (that will be revealed later). All I’ll tease you with now is that the alley bypass has a large painted advertisement for a mysterious curiosity shop.

The East Side of the street has more smaller shops. First is a bakery selling delicious pastries, cookies, and breads. Then a real working Barbershop! Next up is the Book Nook, a book store where different Disney characters (Wendy Darling, Alice, Rapunzel, Belle, and Stitch) will read stories throughout the day. The Main Street Cinema is not just an air conditioned building families can watch cartoons and escape from the heat. It also hosts a rotating meet and greet for whatever the newest Disney movie in theaters. At the end of the road will be an Ice Cream Shop. The east side bypass features posters for a World’s Fair and leads to another land that shall be revealed later.

The Main Street Citizens help to bring Main Street to life. The Young Lovers, Kelly and Gene, have a tendency to burst into song and dance numbers right in the middle of the street. They interact with guests, the environment, and each other while singing a mix of original songs and songs from classic musical. The Sister Suffragette, Suzy, love to give rousing speeches about the strength of women and teach guest about important women throughout history while occasionally singing the classing Mary Poppins song and keeping the politics vague and fluffy (sorta like Hall of Presidents and American Adventure). The Dapper Dans (Dan, Danny, Daniel, and little Timothy Danson) are a barbershop quartet that sings and entertains guests outside the Barbershop. The Firefighter, Franklin Embers, is always happy to share stories of his exciting life rescuing people and putting out fires while also tossing some playful jabs at Officer Rebecca O’hare. Police Officer Rebecca O’Hare will share stories of her job that she insists is in every way more interesting and exciting than Franklin Embers’. Guests can vote for their favorite citizen to win that day’s Main Street Citizenship Award during the evening street lighting ceremony hosted by Mayor Mickey.

Providing even more excitement and life to Main Street, Good Morning Muppets is a short show that has four different versions and plays every half hour from park open until noon. Done similarly to Great Moments in History, Good Morning Muppets features beloved Muppets character leaning out the second store windows of Main Street to welcome guest to Disneyland Kansas, tell a few jokes, and sing a few songs. In peak crowds, extra Muppet shows will be put on throughout the day.

That will be about it for Chapter One. Why was there a need to add bypasses to other lands in Main Street? What lands do these bypasses lead to? Why is it called Fantasy Castle? Whose castle is it? Who stole the capers?!? Find out all these answers and more in future exciting installments of Kansas Disneyland!
latest

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy. These are the iconic words spoken by Walt Disney as he welcomed guests into Disneyland for the first time. What makes Disney parks truly special is that they transport guests out of the real world and into a new one. Not just the world of Disney characters, but a world that transcends individual franchises. You are not visiting the world of a character, but rather a world where these characters can live. No land establishes this concept as quickly or as perfectly as Main Street U.S.A.

More than just a recreation of an idealic small town, Main Street is a living space that blends Disney characters and icons with the charm and class of a time gone by. Enter under the train station into this turn of the century town with the iconic view of Fantasy Castle at the end of the road. For now, the train is just for decoration. Phase 3 will see the train completed (maybe phase 2. Still working on details).

eOt6SWD.png

Start in Town Square with a recreation of the famous Partners statue. The firehouse has been kind enough to leave a hydrant and some hoses on creating a refreshing water-play area for children and the young at heart to enjoy. Visit the Mechanics Shop for all your wheelchair and stroller rental needs. The Police Station is the central hub for security in the park. Would you like to meet the mayor of Main Street? Visit Mayor Mickey Mouse and the first lady, Minnie Mouse, in Town Hall! Guest Services is also housed in the town Hall building. Rounding out Town Square is The Main Street Theater. The theater houses a Broadway style show. The show will change every 2-4 years to keep a fresh energy here in the front of the park. The first show featured in the theater will be Moana: A Musical Adventure.

Heading down the west side of the road, you can find the ultimate one stop shop for Disney merchandise, The Emporium. The Penny Arcade is next down the road (Though the name is a bit misleading as it is basically just a regular arcade). At the end of the west side of the street you can get some delicious hot dogs from Casey’s Corner. Half way down the street is the west side bypass. An alley that connects to another land in the park (that will be revealed later). All I’ll tease you with now is that the alley bypass has a large painted advertisement for a mysterious curiosity shop.

The East Side of the street has more smaller shops. First is a bakery selling delicious pastries, cookies, and breads. Then a real working Barbershop! Next up is the Book Nook, a book store where different Disney characters (Wendy Darling, Alice, Rapunzel, Belle, and Stitch) will read stories throughout the day. The Main Street Cinema is not just an air conditioned building families can watch cartoons and escape from the heat. It also hosts a rotating meet and greet for whatever the newest Disney movie in theaters. At the end of the road will be an Ice Cream Shop. The east side bypass features posters for a World’s Fair and leads to another land that shall be revealed later.

The Main Street Citizens help to bring Main Street to life. The Young Lovers, Kelly and Gene, have a tendency to burst into song and dance numbers right in the middle of the street. They interact with guests, the environment, and each other while singing a mix of original songs and songs from classic musical. The Sister Suffragette, Suzy, love to give rousing speeches about the strength of women and teach guest about important women throughout history while occasionally singing the classing Mary Poppins song and keeping the politics vague and fluffy (sorta like Hall of Presidents and American Adventure). The Dapper Dans (Dan, Danny, Daniel, and little Timothy Danson) are a barbershop quartet that sings and entertains guests outside the Barbershop. The Firefighter, Franklin Embers, is always happy to share stories of his exciting life rescuing people and putting out fires while also tossing some playful jabs at Officer Rebecca O’hare. Police Officer Rebecca O’Hare will share stories of her job that she insists is in every way more interesting and exciting than Franklin Embers’. Guests can vote for their favorite citizen to win that day’s Main Street Citizenship Award during the evening street lighting ceremony hosted by Mayor Mickey.

Providing even more excitement and life to Main Street, Good Morning Muppets is a short show that has four different versions and plays every half hour from park open until noon. Done similarly to Great Moments in History, Good Morning Muppets features beloved Muppets character leaning out the second store windows of Main Street to welcome guest to Disneyland Kansas, tell a few jokes, and sing a few songs. In peak crowds, extra Muppet shows will be put on throughout the day.

That will be about it for Chapter One. Why was there a need to add bypasses to other lands in Main Street? What lands do these bypasses lead to? Why is it called Fantasy Castle? Whose castle is it? Who stole the capers?!? Find out all these answers and more in future exciting installments of Kansas Disneyland!
latest
I forgot to mention that the Main Street Vehicles are going to be present. Also, guests can vote for their favorite citizens to win the Citizenship Award through the New MyDisneyExperience App, but only if they are in the park. A voting kiosk can also be found in Town Hall.

Last edited:

FigmentPigments

eOt6SWD.png

latest
Can't wait to see the rest.:geek:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Chapter 2 - Castle HUB and Fantasmic:Wondrous Dreams
g43yUtt.png

Hello and welcome back! Next we will discuss the castle HUB. If you remember, the Partners Statue was placed at the front of Main Street. So, that begs the question, what is in the center of the HUB? The fountain of Wonder!
Bench%20-%20Epcot%20Entrance%201.jpg

A beautiful fountain resembling the one at the entrance to Epcot. The fountain is able to transform in to a stage, more on that later. The fountain is somewhat simple, but that is on purpose so it will keep some of the humble feeling of Disneyland and it will not distract from the castle. Speaking of the castle…
OCRQ7ZN.png

This is Fantasy Castle! Who does this castle belong to? Well, no one you know. But it does belong to a princess. I’ll talk more about that in a future chapter. It isn’t in the picture itself, but there is plenty of rock work along the base of the castle.

Unlike other castle parks, castle walls encompass the hub. Also different, the water level on the moat is about the same as the ground level instead of several feet lower. This is done for the night time show that will be using fountains on the moat. The last big change is that there are no trees in the hub. There are some gardens and hedges, but nothing taller than waist height. This way, tress will not block the view of the night time show and fireworks. Ivy will be growing along the castle walls (and the castle itself) to add some extra life and color to the HUB.

To enter the castle, guests can use the sloping curved paths up the entrance. The curved, sloped paths encircle the castle court. In the center of the Castle Court is the Sword and the Stone. Kids of all ages can try to pull the sword. Throughout the day, Merlin will come out and help a lucky kid pull the sword out just a bit earning them the right to be king or queen for the day.​

Fireworks and parades shall be discussed later. I will discuss one big piece of nighttime entertainment will be discussed this chapter though. Fantasmic: Wondrous Dreams. A new version of Fantasmic taking place in the HUB. To avoid mega massive posts that slow down the site, I will be posting each scene of the show separately.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Fantasmic is one of the greatest and most popular shows Disney has ever created. For Kansas Disneyland, it was decided to include a version of Fantasmic unlike any other. This does not take place on a stage or with a river between guests and the acts. It takes place right in the castle HUB area. The show has been rebuilt from the ground up with this new location in mind. The bypass walkways in Main Street were put in to help people who are not watching the show avoid the crowds if they need to leave or cross through to the other side of the park. Guests are not allowed to stand and watch the show past the bypasses. If the crowds spill that far into Main Street, they are simply told that they cannot see the show that night (not that they would see much from that far anyways).
Below is an annotated version of the castle for reference.​
uBuUAo1.png

7e95f1ba-a713-4d11-b81f-3efc9a4b2f19

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom