"Pinocchio's Whale of a Voyage" (feedback wanted)

mharrington

Original Poster
Just don't change the Blue Fairy to the new version. I'm totally against who they cast in the role for it. Lately Disney has been casting people who don't look like the characters (Maleficent, Blue Fairy, Cruella, Snow White, Ariel, Aladdin, Genie, Geppetto, Stromboli, Peter Pan, Tinkerbell).

The Blue Fairy won't be appearing at all. The characters themselves, however, are from the original animated film.

Speaking of, who should do the voices? All I can think of is Jeff Bennett as Geppetto and maybe the Coachman.

MickeyMouse10

The Blue Fairy won't be appearing at all. The characters themselves, however, are from the original animated film.

Speaking of, who should do the voices? All I can think of is Jeff Bennett as Geppetto and maybe the Coachman.

Oooooo, I'm not sure. I don't really know the whose who of the voice actors. I guess they could go with the usual group. As long as they aren't too famous.

Miru

I wonder if we could toss Stromboli in somewhere? Maybe the queue, or the Pleasure Island scenes? Mike Pollock could be a nice voice for him.

mharrington

Original Poster
I thought about maybe just having the Stromboli puppet show poster be shown on one of the pieces of shipwreck inside Monstro's stomach, similar to the opening of Riku's side of the "Pinocchio" level in "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance":

The video also shows how Geppetto would sound in the ride.

mharrington

Original Poster
I have said that this would be based primarily on the original film, but after seeing the trailer for the remake, I might make a few slight exceptions, such as how the boats in the ride will look, as well as how to pull off Pleasure Island:
1661392511746.png

Even though I can't stand live-action remakes of Disney classics (the last such one I saw was "Dumbo" and before that, "The Jungle Book"), I might give this movie a quick glance just to see what Pleasure Island looks like. If they can do it without showing scenes of tobacco, I might be able to figure out how to pull it off in a Disney park ride. But the characters themselves will remain derivative of the original 1940 film.

Miru

I have said that this would be based primarily on the original film, but after seeing the trailer for the remake, I might make a few slight exceptions, such as how the boats in the ride will look, as well as how to pull off Pleasure Island:
View attachment 662394

Even though I can't stand live-action remakes of Disney classics (the last such one I saw was "Dumbo" and before that, "The Jungle Book"), I might give this movie a quick glance just to see what Pleasure Island looks like. If they can do it without showing scenes of tobacco, I might be able to figure out how to pull it off in a Disney park ride. But the characters themselves will remain derivative of the original 1940 film.
A reference to the made for TV “Gepetto” could be cool too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom