Pinocchio's Marionette Garden Party opens at the Magic Kingdom

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Isn't this located at the restroom area by City Hall? :shrug:

sort of... its between the tour check in office and guest relations/city hall- so on the train station side of guest relations. The restrooms are on the fire station side of guest relations. Hope that makes some sense.

SoccerMickey

The last time I was at MK, (5/07), Geppetto was out with Pinnochio. Was that a rare occurance?

Geppetto comes out when he has friends that are the same height as he is and all scheduled characters already out. This past summer when more characters are out in Town Square he was actually scheduled to be there until about 3pm.

TakeMeThere81

Yay! I'm glad they're doing some things to bring Pinnochio into the spotlight, DVD release or not. I'm actually looking forward to the DVD release as well. I'd really like to see Geppetto and JC, that would be great!

Also, I've been to the Pinnochio ride at DL, loved it! IMO we need more dark rides (appropriate for kids) at MK.

Animaniac93-98

Um.. the 70th Anniversary of Pinocchio isn't 'til 2010. I don't get it? :shrug:

WDSHE doesn't give a crap about dates anymore. Just give them you're money that's all. (I'll buy it on Blu-ray though) Fantasia's Blu-ray/DVD next yea will likely be a more timely 70th anniversary release.

As for the Dark ride, note I didn't say I didn't like it or don't want it, just that the UG wasn't so fond of it (on top of the low guest survey ratings).

Enigma

Account Suspended
Boy would I love to have a Pinocchio dark ride (and a Beauty and the Beast one too for that matter!).

They have a good Pinnochio dark ride at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

Surprisingly, it is the least popular popular dark ride in fantasyland and there were even rumors they were going to replace it :eek: . I really hope not since I enjoy the ride alot its superior to Snow White in every way. Plus Joe Rhode had a hand in its design.

TP2000

Surprisingly, it is the least popular popular dark ride in fantasyland and there were even rumors they were going to replace it :eek: . I really hope not since I enjoy the ride alot its superior to Snow White in every way. Plus Joe Rhode had a hand in its design.

Pinnochio's Daring Journey always has the shortest line of the dark rides. But it's also just one of five dark rides in Fantasyland, and seven dark rides in Disneyland. With an eighth dark ride a 15 minute stroll away with Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue! at DCA. Plus the additional Fantasyland attractions in Disneyland near Pinnochio, besides the dark rides (Casey Jr. Circus Train, StorybookLand Canal Boats, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, Matterhorn Bobsleds).

Anaheim Dark Rides:
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pinnochio's Daring Journey
Alice In Wonderland
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh
Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue!

WDW's Magic Kingdom has just three dark rides total, with no other classic dark rides on WDW property. If they added Pinnochio's Daring Journey to WDW, it would be popular I'm sure.

Orlando Dark Rides:
Peter Pan's Flight

kadesha

Pinnochio's Daring Journey always has the shortest line of the dark rides. But it's also just one of five dark rides in Fantasyland, and seven dark rides in Disneyland. With an eighth dark ride a 15 minute stroll away with Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue! at DCA. Plus the additional Fantasyland attractions in Disneyland near Pinnochio, besides the dark rides (Casey Jr. Circus Train, StorybookLand Canal Boats, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough, Matterhorn Bobsleds).

Anaheim Dark Rides:
Peter Pan's Flight
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pinnochio's Daring Journey
Alice In Wonderland
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley To The Rescue!

WDW's Magic Kingdom has just three dark rides total, with no other classic dark rides on WDW property. If they added Pinnochio's Daring Journey to WDW, it would be popular I'm sure.

Orlando Dark Rides:
Peter Pan's Flight

Why is Peter Pan's Flight a dark ride in Anaheim but not Orlando??

MKCP 1985

I was hoping they might put some different Pinocchio characters out there but I'm okay with just Pinocchio.

The last time I was at MK, (5/07), Geppetto was out with Pinnochio. Was that a rare occurance?

Seems like over the course of its run, this would be ideal for not only Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket, but also Gideon and Foulfellow. Or if they really went nuts, they could add Stromboli! That would be :king:

But as for the inspiration of the meet and greet, I can't wait for Pinocchio on Blu Ray even without the opportunity to see Pinocchio with or without friends. :king::king:

TP2000

I just skimmed over that post and didn't see Peter Pan listed under Orlando. I guess I was just in too big of a hurry! :ROFLOL:My bad!

I put it right at the top of the Orlando list. It's arguably the best dark ride on both coasts! :)

Still, I will never cease to be baffled why WDW lacks classic Fantasyland-style dark rides. Anaheim has eight of them spread between two parks, and Orlando has only three of them spread between four parks. It's just weird. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom