Pinecone Press Book Club

ljs1691

Original Poster
Have any of you guys heard of this? I am going to a meeting tonight for the first time and I hope that it is something I can share with all of you when I get home.

Here is what I know:
It is a monthly club that is put on by local scrapbook stores. (There are only 2 in TN that participate.) Each month you get a book that teaches new techniques and a kit to work on at home. Then at the next meeting you all discuss the book and what you learned, etc. I will let you all know if I learn anything. I thought it was worth checking out anyway.

Tammy, it looks like there are quite a few stores out in CA that do this. You know anything about it?

Disneyfalcon

I missed this thread!! I have heard that name before but I don't know anything about it! I'm in small town CA though with NO scrapbooking stores.

Let us know!

ljs1691

Original Poster
Ok gals here is how it went.

You pay a fee for 6 months and you meet once a month. Included in the fee is Kit A (this time it was 4 pieces of cardstock, 1 piece of printed paper, 3 different ribbons, and a box of 35 chipboard flowers). Then you have to purchase the idea book for each meeting. This month is all about using flowers in your layouts/cards. (any kind of flowers i.e. printed paper, chipboard flowers, fabric, silk, etc.) Kit A includes everything needed to create a layout that is featured in the idea book. The book is $11 but our store gives a 10% discount so that helps.

You also have the option of purchasing Kit B each month. This kit included papers and ribbons and this time we got a roll of felt flower ribbon that is like 2 1/2 inches wide. It is a bright lime green and the other girls said it looked like the non-slip stuff you put in the bottom of the tub. Now I am crafty enough and creative enough to make lemonade with what the other girls thought was lemons. I'm looking forward to creating a layout with it just to show them it could be great. Kit B is one you create a layout of your own but still on the Flower Power idea.

There is also a handout with each topic that is a list of about 10-12 questions that really make you think outside the box for creating your layouts.

So, next month everyone will bring the layouts and cards they made with flowers to show everyone. It is definitely a great way to see how different personalities create things using the same products.

Each month is a new topic and the kits come with different things each time. I will post pics of my layouts as soon as I do them. But I have a month so, it may take me a couple of weeks to get them done. I'll try to post a pic of the kit before I scrap that way you can see what was used.

Last month they did paper bag cards, layouts and mini-albums. I could kick myself for not taking my camera. Anyway, sorry for the long post but I think I got all the info in here.

Disneyfalcon

That sounds very interesting Laurie. How much was the monthly fee? That would be neat to see everyone's layouts. I can't wait to see yours.

ljs1691

Original Poster
Well, it was a one time fee of $60 for 6 months. Then you have to buy your book at each meeting for $11. Then if you want Kit B it is 7.95. So the least you would spend is the $60 start up fee which includes Kit A at each meeting. (Did I mention dinner is provided each month too.)

Our store owners also give a 10% discount the night of the meeting for anything in the store. It isn't much but it covers the tax anyway. I'm happy they are willing to give any discount. It is a terrific store and they have tons of things you can't find anywhere else. Most of the independently owned stores in Middle TN have closed so I'm lucky to have such a good one close by. (it is about 3 miles from home)

I don't get out of the house much so this is as much about the fellowship with other scrappers as it is the products. DH made it pretty well with the kids last night, I don't leave him alone with them very often .

eagles

i too will make lemonade out of lemons! not only do you get to scrap and use the creativity from within, you get a nite out for you! i can't wait to see the pictures. and great idea to get a pic of the befores!

hey maybe we should have ourselves here a scrapbook challenge?

Disneyfalcon

It would probably be easier just to make a challenge in general. Like - your favorite hotel page. OR your favorite ride, food, etc. If you don't have pictures for it you can just make pages that you can add pictures to later!

Is that what you had in mind eagles?

ljs1691

Original Poster
Do you mean where we all have to get the same materials and see what our pages turn out like? Or just a challenge in general?

I think either way would be fun. I say we try a general challenge, then if it is a hit, maybe we could go for using the same supplies just to mix it up a bit.

I say we start a new thread though. We want to make sure we catch the attention of all the scrapbookers.

eagles

i liked the way that class is being done.

for example: she has to make a layout page with flowers involved.

so perhaps we could pic a topic and make a layout with that topic.

i wouldn't think we would all use the same things, since i do my scrapbooking digitally now. i haven't made a tradional in a while. and i don't even have many real photos anymore.

but we should beable to come up with something so we all can participate.

Disneyfalcon

That's a good way to do it eagles. Okay, now who has the first topic? I think we should give everyone a week to do the first one and then see how it goes. How does that sound?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom