Pin Trading Suspended at Disney?

robhedin

They could switch to sterling for the base metal, charge the same prices, and still make a profit. I love my pins, but crikey are they overpriced!
For some reason I find this massively funny. But funny in a sad way... my wife is an avid collector, and she has many "books" (I'm not sure what else to call them) full of all of her pins. We started going through it a while ago and to get an idea how much she's spent on them, and we stopped counting before we finished the first "book" when we broke $1000 before getting halfway through it since we were now afraid to know the real number.

Letteyeti

For some reason I find this massively funny. But funny in a sad way... my wife is an avid collector, and she has many "books" (I'm not sure what else to call them) full of all of her pins. We started going through it a while ago and to get an idea how much she's spent on them, and we stopped counting before we finished the first "book" when we broke $1000 before getting halfway through it since we were now afraid to know the real number.
I think if you go into Disney pin collecting with the idea of I am going to make a ton of money off of it then I think that is the wrong mindset. I think people try to do it like with Ebay, but collecting pins which I have some but definitely not books and books full are to be fun. Like for me I love Disney Plushies and they are fun to have and that is it.

disneygeek90

Pin collecting has never been my thing. I enjoy collecting magic bands more, but this is a good compromise for the time being. Lots of places were already using the boards anyway.

Purduevian

My fiance recently go very into pins and pin trading after we went to WDW and she bought a starter pack. There is a massive fandom for these things. Nightly pin live sales on Instagram, facebook trading groups, and of course limited edition pins. Personally, I enjoyed trading the pins in the parks and on my last Disney cruise by hunting for pins I like, not caring how exclusive or valuable they are. I will be quite sad if we are unable to pin trade at our next park visit, but it's not a make or break deal for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom