Pin Trading Suspended at Disney?

Undercover Gopher

Original Poster
I was talking with a Cast Member friend who works at Disney Springs. She was just informed today that due to Covid-19, Cast Members are not allowed to trade pins with the guests (at least for the foreseeable future). The reason is they want to limit physical contact between Cast Members and guests. Thoughts?

peter11435

I was talking with a Cast Member friend who works at Disney Springs. She was just informed today that due to Covid-19, Cast Members are not allowed to trade pins with the guests (at least for the foreseeable future). The reason is they want to limit physical contact between Cast Members and guests. Thoughts?
Seems like an obvious choice given the circumstances.

Giss Neric

Are pin boards included I assume cause multiple people are touching the same thing. Unless they spray disinfectant to all the pins after every pin trade.

DisneyOutsider

Aren’t they already trying to phase out pin trading? It makes sense though, even if they’re not trying to.
Why would they want to phase it out (regardless of a Covid suspension)? Aren't they trying to sell pins?

They're not. They've still been very much encouraging and promoting pin trading up to this point. If anything they've been ramping it up recently. Everyone from front line CM's to managers in suits wearing lanyards. Big organized(by Disney) "pin trading nights" several times a year. New pin releases that can only be obtained through trading with CM's. There's a large community of both young and old who adore it.

I do understand the desire to press the pause button on this, but I imagine they'll ramp it back up if/when things get back to normal.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

They're not. They've still been very much encouraging and promoting pin trading up to this point. If anything they've been ramping it up recently. Everyone from front line CM's to managers in suits wearing lanyards. Big organized(by Disney) "pin trading nights" several times a year. New pin releases that can only be obtained through trading with CM's. There's a large community of both young and old who adore it.

I do understand the desire to press the pause button on this, but I imagine they'll ramp it back up if/when things get back to normal.

I personally think so too, I just could've sworn someone here said they were phasing them out.

Lilofan

What about the cast member selling the big ballons? That's close contact between guest and cast.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Of course, Disney could go to silver, which has natural antiseptic qualities, as the base metal for the pins... but I doubt anybody would want to pay that much for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom