Pin Trading in Pandora - The World of Avatar

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Anyone else inquired to CMs about Pin Trading in Pandora? I was told that there are no "pin traders" here, as were not "on Earth" but another told me there are secret locations where you can trade. What is the scoop?

No Name

I don't know.

But it's a shame. It's a shame that they think Pandora is too good for pin trading. Of course, you can pin trade on the highly-themed Main Street, Sunset Blvd., in Africa, Asia, etc. You can pin trade on the forest moon of Endor at Star Tours.
But in Pandora? Noooo!

We've seen this with MagicBand readers, name tags, and now pin trading. Pandora gets to play by a different set of rules. It may be a plus for Pandora, but it's downright disrespectful to the rest of the resort.

If you all can't see that by now, well... I have nothing left in my tank, 'cept for a lot of hot air. :banghead:

EDIT: Unlike with the MagicBand readers or name tags, you can't even argue that this is the beginning of a new standard. Because, what... is Disney going to get rid of pin trading altogether? You bet they won't, since brings in the dough! So that argument is dead.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

We've seen this with MagicBand readers, name tags, and now pin trading. Pandora gets to play by a different set of rules. It may be a plus for Pandora, but it's downright disrespectful to the rest of the resort

Star Wars land will be the same or take it further. Disney are trying to copy the immersion of Harry Potter.

Although I agree that done right pin trading would work for Pandora, you would be trading with an Alpha Centuri Expeditions employee so fits with the theme just fine.

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Star Wars land will be the same or take it further. Disney are trying to copy the immersion of Harry Potter.

Although I agree that done right pin trading would work for Pandora, you would be trading with an Alpha Centuri Expeditions employee so fits with the theme just fine.
That's the point i would argue! Since CM go to great lengths to let you know we're not on Earth (even on the ACE nametags!) But everything else feels Disney, I was quite surprised. It's not that big of a deal to me personally, but I'm sure I'm not alone in asking this.

halltd

Dang, I did not see the pins.
I picked up these. There are definitely more to choose from.
IMG_20170523_090902388.jpg

Sonconato

I've heard that there will be no Disney IP merchandise in Pandora, nor will the name tags resemble the usual Disney design.

Bairstow

Would I be able to trade pins from Pandora outside the land at pin boards and with cast members?

Oh definitely, though I'm not sure why you would.

I'm betting the real reason there's not currently any pin trading in Pandora is that the place is too busy- even Windtraders is a madhouse pretty much all day long. The cast members there have too much to do managing crowds to worry about messing around with pin trading.

twebber55

Oh definitely, though I'm not sure why you would.

I'm betting the real reason there's not currently any pin trading in Pandora is that the place is too busy- even Windtraders is a madhouse pretty much all day long. The cast members there have too much to do managing crowds to worry about messing around with pin trading.
still?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom