Pin Code Temptation

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I have regularly been going to Disney since 2016 and decided to take this year off due to COVID but woke up with a nice Pin Code discount offered and now I'm really tempted to book something for a short getaway at something like a Treehouse Villa or fort wilderness cabin.

My husband even said he'd be up for it. Anyone ever do a resort only trip? We wouldn't be planning on going to the parks, just the hotel and probably cooking most of our meals there. Hm, this temptation is real. :bored:

Hcalvert

Well, I was going to look into it as I received the email as well. When I tried, they said my information did not match their records. I don't have time nor the inclination to call and get it sorted out and who knows if it can be sorted out anyways.

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well, I was going to look into it as I received the email as well. When I tried, they said my information did not match their records. I don't have time nor the inclination to call and get it sorted out and who knows if it can be sorted out anyways.

I had the same issue! I did end up calling but luckily wasn’t on hold for more than a minute and found that there was a better AP discount so I booked 4 nights at a treehouse villa in 29 days! Not planning on doing parks, just a relaxing getaway:)

I was just pleased that I was sent a code, I never get them and my sister always seems to. It must be a weird glitch as they were able to see it and apply it to me via phone call.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
They are trying to tempt anyone and everyone.
I've gone 36 times and stayed on site for 20 of those times and this is the first time I ever got a pin code.
I cannot be tempted right now because I would have to quarantine, I don't want to expose my parents, and my sister is a teacher and cannot take the days off to quarantine.
So paying $480 per night vs $750 per night for GF is not swaying me into going.

Hcalvert

I had the same issue! I did end up calling but luckily wasn’t on hold for more than a minute and found that there was a better AP discount so I booked 4 nights at a treehouse villa in 29 days! Not planning on doing parks, just a relaxing getaway:)

I was just pleased that I was sent a code, I never get them and my sister always seems to. It must be a weird glitch as they were able to see it and apply it to me via phone call.
I was just curious and the AP discount is better. I will be booking this weekend for a December trip.

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've gone 36 times and stayed on site for 20 of those times and this is the first time I ever got a pin code.
I cannot be tempted right now because I would have to quarantine, I don't want to expose my parents, and my sister is a teacher and cannot take the days off to quarantine.
So paying $480 per night vs $750 per night for GF is not swaying me into going.

Totally understand that. We decided to book it and not do much besides the pool and relax at the Villa. Might walk around Epcot but I’m not comfortable going to a ton of indoor activities like rides yet. Will be the most chill Disney trip I’ve ever taken lol.

JIMINYCR

We have never resort only stayed but when we retire and have the luxury of doing so because we would be more free to Disney, I'd do it. Theres a lot to do at DS and even the Orlando area if youre willing to go, that will get you plenty of dining, entertainment and pleasure to make that style of stay worth it, especially with a discount.

lawdogNOLA

Welp, we've been every other year regulars, and no pin code. Excuse me while I pout. ;)

Nice! Always did love the treehouses. We've never done a resort-only stay (just not practical for us), but my wife could stay a week at the Beach Club/Yacht Club without leaving the premises...if she could live in Stormalong Bay, she would. Have a great trip!

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Theres a lot to do at DS and even the Orlando area if youre willing to go, that will get you plenty of dining, entertainment and pleasure to make that style of stay worth it, especially with a discount.

We are looking forward to a slower change of pace than our usual trips. Hoping to try some new food, and also get Giordanos pizza! It’s my favorite:)

Nice! Always did love the treehouses. We've never done a resort-only stay (just not practical for us), but my wife could stay a week at the Beach Club/Yacht Club without leaving the premises...if she could live in Stormalong Bay, she would. Have a great trip!

thanks! Yacht and Beach are our favorites! We just wanted to try something extra quiet and a little slower place this time :)

dmw

In the Parks
No

So, a treehouse villa can be booked like a regular room? How do you do that? Are the treehouses part of another hotel? I remember staying at the treehouses back when they were part of the Disney Institute. Would love to go back, but I thought you had to be DVC or rent DVC from someone (or a DVC reseller company).

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So, a treehouse villa can be booked like a regular room? How do you do that? Are the treehouses part of another hotel? I remember staying at the treehouses back when they were part of the Disney Institute. Would love to go back, but I thought you had to be DVC or rent DVC from someone (or a DVC reseller company).

Yep! One of the only 3 Bedroom (possibly the only) rooms that work with discounts too! It’s part of Saratoga Springs and you can book directly from the website or on the phone :) Disney sells DVC rooms to the public if they aren’t full.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Anyone can book it. You don't have to be DVC.
Just head over to the website to check out prices and availability.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Yep! One of the only 3 Bedroom (possibly the only) rooms that work with discounts too! It’s part of Saratoga Springs and you can book directly from the website or on the phone :) Disney sells DVC rooms to the public if they aren’t full.
Saratoga Springs... that is why I did not see them. Bummer! I totally would have done this for a family trip of 9 we did a few years back. Thanks for this info!!!!

Jimdalva

Disney resorts are very expensive , so when not going to the parks and utilizing the perks of staying on site, you should look at other resorts. The Disney Springs Resort Area has some great Non Disney resorts at half the price.

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney resorts are very expensive , so when not going to the parks and utilizing the perks of staying on site, you should look at other resorts. The Disney Springs Resort Area has some great Non Disney resorts at half the price.

Normally I’d be with you on that, but we wanted to stay somewhere a little more special as it’s also the week of my and my husbands anniversary:inlove: We stayed at the Dolphin last year and it was fabulous!

Think Tink

Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Unless it's at the Four Seasons Golden Oak, why would anyone pay $300+ a night to stay in Orlando?
Eh, that’s like asking why anyone would waste money on cable, alcohol, or buying expensive clothes. It’s preferences, I prefer to stay on property and to me, it’s worth it, but I get it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Outside of Orlando I do tend to stay in more high end hotels but I like the feel of being at Disney. :)

Hcalvert

Welp, we've been every other year regulars, and no pin code. Excuse me while I pout. ;)

I was there in July at the reopening and I got a pin code, but it doesn't work. Doesn't matter since I am an AP and the offers are better through that. I am thinking I was sent it by mistake. My brother, who went the first time with his family in July 2019, and hasn't been back since, didn't get one either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom