Piebald's trip report 4/7-4/10

Well well well.....I just got home after a fun-filled week at WDW. We stayed at the Grosvenor and I had asked a couple of questions about it and people gave me pretty bad reviews. My family and I enjoyed our stay there very much. We've stayed at almost all the Disney Resorts and we liked this one very much. For what you pay for, it's a real good deal. The location was GREAT! Staying at most disney resorts kind of stinks cause you can't get up and walk around but we walked to DTD many times and a couple of other shops. The first day we arrived, we hit Epcot. Last time we went was about 4 years ago. It wasn't packed but it had its good share of people. The ironic thing was, the longest line was for SSE....
:hammer:

We finally rode M:S and loved it! We rode it 3 times. We did UoE and Test Track we did 4 times. (the singles line had NO wait. it was ridiculous, the stand-by was like 2 hours..). I went on Imagination and I must say they should just bulldoze that entire pavillion. I never remembered hearing Figment talk and he has the most annoying voice ever. The CM's looked so bored working there at loading. I'm sorry guys but that ride just plain STINKS! I guess the kids like it though...
We went to the Living Seas and while it's always nice it's still nothing special. No little plastic fishes from Finding Nemo are gonna want to make me stick around for long. It's a nice addition, but they really need to fix that place up. Besides the Land, Imagination and Living Seas are just real boring...

World Showcase was fun as always. The live comedy show in the UK is VERY VERY funny! We saw it in the early afternoon and it was 3 guys. Later in the day we walked by and it was 3 women...(the women weren't funny at ALL so I suggest you try to catch it when the guys are doing it cause the women were horrible.)

For the people complaining about Soarin' ruining the Canadian Facade...SHUT UP!! You can BARELY see the thing unless you are on the other side of the Lagoon and even then you have to stand near the Outpost to see it. We saw a couple of workers on the structure. It's huge!! (You can see it upclose if you venture into the Canada Pavillion but other than that, you can barely see it. If they put a few trees up there in the future, the entire building will probably not be visible at all.

Illuminations was alright. Fun day at Epcot....

The next day we went to MGM. We also have not been to MGM in about 8 years so this was like a new park to us (We live close to WDW but usually always go to Magic Kingdom and Universal or something so we don't get too sick of WDW.) To all the people who complain about MGM as well (What don't most of you complain about?), I thought the park was very nice. The theming is beautiful and most of the attractions were fun. RnRc is fantastic. It's REALLY short though so I don't know if I would have waited 90 minutes. ToT was real fun as well. Star Tours was cool, a little old but still fun. My family absolutely loved Who wants to be a millionaire. It is a nice little addition. I won the baseball cap and the 5 pins :)
Two people came up to 1 million that day. Lucky them. We didn't get to go on the Backstage tour but I don't remember it being anything great anyways. We rode the Great Movie Ride for the first time and it was nice. Reminded us of something at Universal Studios. The CM interaction was a nice touch. One Man's Dream was real nice and my mom enjoyed walking through and reading everything. We did a couple of other things such as Muppets,Indy,etc and finished the day with Fantasmic which we had never seen. We loved it! The theater was PACKED!! It was a great show though. We enjoyed MGM very much and will definitely go back next time.

The next day we went to MK (nothing new there, it was EXTREMELY packed!) We saw Wishes and Philharmagic and both were nice. It was a nice day at the MK but ugh...the lines.... kill me!

The last day we went and walked around DTD and stayed at the hotel. It was a very relaxing trip and I will be back at the MK in two weeks for Grad night which should be fun. Although I was not scrutinizing the parks like some people, I thought the parks were very clean. The only lights that I noticed that were out were some letters on the Tower of Terror hotel sign :lookaroun:

One thing I wondered especially after Fantasmic was, WHERE THE HECK DOES ALL THE TRASH GO!? Jeez, we saw CM's picking up trash everywhere. We did not run into any rude CM's. They were all very nice (especially at Epcot) and polite. I heard one CM say the F word a bit loud, but I don't think anyone else heard him besides the other CM he was talking to, and in the situation he was in, I probably would have said more than the F word.

All in all, Disney didn't seem in any bad shape and these couple of days showed that people still love it and go by the thousands.
Sorry about the run on sentances and bad grammar or spelling :)

kal1484

Originally posted by Piebald
. We did not run into any rude CM's. They were all very nice (especially at Epcot) and polite. I heard one CM say the F word a bit loud, but I don't think anyone else heard him besides the other CM he was talking to, and in the situation he was in, I probably would have said more than the F word.

OF course! EPCOT CM's are the best :lookaroun

Why did he yell the F word?bb

Piebald

Original Poster
Re: Re: Piebald's trip report 4/7-4/10

Originally posted by wdwprincess03
OF course! EPCOT CM's are the best :lookaroun

Why did he yell the F word?bb

Because Donald and Goofy came out for pictures and the line got out of hand and he gave the balloon to someone (the last person in line) but then somehow 5465687789456 people got in line and the line went around halfway through the hat and he was like "oh my God the line is so f*cked*. I just thought it was funny because usually CM's are so giddy and polite.

MKCP 1985

I'm pretty sure the lights are supposed to be out in that Hollywood Hotel sign, to set up the theme of the hotel falling into disrepair after, well, you know what happened there. :lookaroun

I am pretty sure I gave you a fair report on the Grosvenor, and said that under the right circumstances I would stay there again. I'm glad you had a good stay.

You are absolutely correct about the Soarin'/Canada thing. I never saw it, and I was looking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom