Pictures with the Characters

DisneySam

I am making the final plans for my trip, and that includes a list of some characters I would like to have my picture with. I have always just done this whenever I can at the parks. Does anyone have any good tips/ locations? Here are a few I would like...Beauty and the Beast Characters, Peter Pan Characters, etc. We are doing a Character Breakfast at Chef Mickeys also.

Anything will help! Thanks!

mtnhiker74

For the Peter Pan characters, make sure to hit Adventureland & the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Peter Pan & Wendy should be either right across from the Pirates entrance/exit/gift shop, or... if you are looking at the entrance to the ride, to your right will be a small alcove on your way to Frontierland. I have seen them here on many occasions as well.

For Beauty & the Beast... your best bet is the France pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. Sometimes Belle will be out in the garden area of the pavilion (while looking at the France pavilion, all the way in the back, right-hand corner). If you are really lucky, you can find Beast & Belle in a little section of the store where they sell perfume in the pavilion. If you go in that store, look around a bit and you will notice a little area with the Beast's castle as a backdrop... that's where they will be standing.

Chef Mickey's breakfast will give you Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale. Can't remember if Minnie is there or not... I want to say she is not, but I'm not sure.

Any more specific characters you are looking for?

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Original Poster
Those are the main ones right now. I would plan some time to do the big meet and greets, like at the Hat at MGM, but I always feel so bad standing in line while little kids are waiting behind me :eek: so I was trying to come up with some ideas.

Upvote 0

Cynderella

mtnhiker74 said:
Chef Mickey's breakfast will give you Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale. Can't remember if Minnie is there or not... I want to say she is not, but I'm not sure.

Any more specific characters you are looking for?

I thought Minnie was there and not Pluto? I've always seen Minnie there, she tried to steal my b/f one time! But I can't recall seeing Pluto....

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

I think the maps of the resorts that are updated weekly with show times and parade times also lists times and places for character meet and greets. My philosophy about character photos is that I know what I look like, so rather than standing in line I just take the character photos while they are posing with someone else's children. The kids are much cuter than I am, anyway! I have also gotten great character shots during the parades. My favorite character photo (and I've taken many of them) is of Minnie and Mickey riding in the convertable and dressed in their holiday finery at the MGM parade last December. The best thing about taking character photos is that they never close their eyes while you are taking the picture!!!!

Of course, as you can see from my avatar, every now and then I do get in front of the camera to pose with a character.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the great tips! I have some parade photos, but I am still regressing from going to WDW for the first time at 18...wanting to have my pictures taken with the characters. LOL I just want a few special ones.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

You can always head over to Toon Town for a bunch of characters. That's where we always see Mickey, Minnie, and the Pooh gang. I've never seen the princesses there, we usually do Cindy's character breakfast at the castle with my little niece.

Pluto is usually in Mickey's garden in Toon Town.

Chip and Dale are near CoP a lot.

The bears and Chip and Dale are sometimes at the Main Street USA entrance.

I find a good mix of characters on the ferry in the morning as the park opens.

Donald is all over the place. He's sometimes in Toon Town, sometimes not.

Pooh and friends can also be found in AK at the old boat dock before you get into Dinoland area.

Stitch is just down the walkway, near Tough to be a Bug entrance.

A lot of various characters are always around the hat at MGM as well.

Good luck and have fun!

Upvote 0

WDWKat26

Okay here goes:

At Chef Mickey's BREAKFAST: Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy and PLUTO

Chef Mickey's DINNER: Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy and DONALD.

Belle and the Beast: Best place definitely France at Epcot. They aren't out at MGM anymore.

Crazydaveh said something about the Country Bears being in the front of the park, but actually now they are in Frontierland.

You can find Space Chip and Dale and also Space Pluto in Tomorrowland.

The Princesses are sometimes in Toontown, they have been recently from what i've heard.

If you need to know where any other specific characters are, let me know, i'm in Entertainment and I can definitely find out where and when they can be found no problem! :)

Upvote 0

BrerPete

DisneySam said:
Those are the main ones right now. I would plan some time to do the big meet and greets, like at the Hat at MGM, but I always feel so bad standing in line while little kids are waiting behind me :eek: so I was trying to come up with some ideas.

Don't be embarassed. We do it all the time sans kids. I don't want to start a riot on this thread but, think of it this way: How much money are YOU spending on this vacation? The characters actually are more excited, in my opinion, when adults come and take pictures with them. On one trip Mickey, thats right the top dog Mickey Mouse, actually started dancing with my wife when she went to take a photo with him. I must have taken like four or five shots and he was still dancing with her. So don't be embarassed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom