Pictures from POFQ

draybook

I'm specifically looking for pictures that are looking out towards Epcot and the entrance to POFQ. Anyone have a link or anything? The only pics I'm finding online are of the actual resort.

draybook

Original Poster
Yeah, I should have just stated what I was looking for. I was wondering if you can see SSE from POFQ? That website is awesome though!

Upvote 0

lindasworld

The two times I have been there I don't remember being able to see over the trees across the highway and parking lot. So I would have to say no, you can't see SSE. Their very good at hiding everything else except where you are, they don't want to ruin the scene of the resort. You can hear and see the fireworks up high from there. If you go on google earth and pull up epcot you can pretty close get what your going to see there in 3D.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Cool beans. Being able to see the fireworks is pretty awesome. I think one of the main things that sold us was the boat to DtD and the proximity to Epcot.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I was hoping to be able to see Epcot from POFQ on our trip a few years ago, but no such luck. The ferry to DTD is awesome though - that was a big selling point for us too. It's a relaxing little ride. Make sure you try the beignet's in the food court too - they are so good!

Upvote 0

Allygator

FYI... I was just there the beginning of March. We stayed at PORFQ. One morning our butts were dragging and we had an early morning reservations for Chef Mickey's so we went to breakfast and went back to the room to nap. We waited for a while the bus at MK to go back to our room. A bus finally arrived and never opened the door so I approached the driver who informed me that FQ had no bus service from MK to the resort before 11am that we had to use Riverside and to inform the driver where we were going. Not sure if it's the same for the other parks. Nice resort. Hopefully they will have all the remodelling done by the time you go. Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

As others have said the placement of the resorts, roads, trees etc in relation to EPCOT does keep you from seeing the park, but it really isnt that far away at all. Depending on what you are looking for, the Beach Club/ Yacht Club might be a really nice option as well as it is walking distance into EPCOT and you can see the fireworks and SSE from some of the higher level rooms. Enjoy your trip!! Marie

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Cool beans. Being able to see the fireworks is pretty awesome. I think one of the main things that sold us was the boat to DtD and the proximity to Epcot.

POFQ is my favorite resort! I especially love the boat to DTD.. it is so nice and relaxing to be able to get away from the busses for a little bit and its cool to see the other resorts on the way there, like Saratoga and the Tree Houses.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
POFQ is my favorite resort! I especially love the boat to DTD.. it is so nice and relaxing to be able to get away from the busses for a little bit and its cool to see the other resorts on the way there, like Saratoga and the Tree Houses.

Yeah, we love taking the DtD boats around the lake, so it will be a real treat to take a 20 minute cruise down the river and see other resorts.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

POFQ is my absolute favorite resort, and the only one I stay at anymore at WDW...BUT, the experience there has changed significantly in the last few years....

THe main reason my partner and I would stay there is because it used to be mostly adults and older kids, with very few toddlers and younger kids, since there really isn't much there to keep them busy.

BUT -- over the past couple years, the secret is now out that it is one of the best resorts to stay at....and as a result, it is now just filled with strollers, kids, and large family groups....this has made the (once) awesome bus system very over-taxed and slow and the food court often crowded.

I will still always stay at POFQ, but some of the magic for us is gone. The boat the DTD is by itself one of the best things about the resort! Do it almost every day while there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom