Pictures from 'back in the day'

mergatroid

Original Poster
It can be anything really but preferably something that's no longer at Disney. Something that when you see it make you go "Wow I remember that" and gets those memories flooding back.

I'll start with 'Ticket Books'

maxresdefault.jpg

Goofyernmost

Sure does leave one scratching ones head as to where the "current" definition of "E" Ticket comes from doesn't it? It kind of reinforces the idea that today's interpretation isn't even in the same country as what Walt would have done much less the ball park. Yes, that is a WDW ticket book, but, you can pretty well bet it was modeled after Disneyland and reflected the type of park mission that was intended.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Sure does leave one scratching ones head as to where the "current" definition of "E" Ticket comes from doesn't it? It kind of reinforces the idea that today's interpretation isn't even in the same country as what Walt would have done much less the ball park. Yes, that is a WDW ticket book, but, you can pretty well bet it was modeled after Disneyland and reflected the type of park mission that was intended.

In fairness, the E tickets above were actually the 'better' attractions at the MK at the time. Back then there was no Splash or Thunder and the ones featured probably cost much more than the A,B,C & D's.

Anyway, here's something else

mtmmissioncontrolb.jpg

Flippin'Flounder

Honestly, 7DMT would probably be an "E-Ticket" if the ticket system was still in place. Just because it's not good doesn't make it a "D-Ticket". It's super popular, just like Country Bear Jamboree used to be. It wasn't super expensive, but high demand. Plus, auger would want people to buy more books so they could get on all the "E-Tickets" ;):rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

In fairness, the E tickets above were actually the 'better' attractions at the MK at the time. Back then there was no Splash or Thunder and the ones featured probably cost much more than the A,B,C & D's.

Anyway, here's something else

mtmmissioncontrolb.jpg
I suppose, but, it means that there were no real solid, hard reasons why something was an "E" ticket. It was based more on popularity then anything else. That would make some of the new ones "E" regardless of their thrill factor. It would be more detail and public interest. I can think of a M&G that is treated like an "E". College students in costume draw me in all the time. (sarcasm, if not noticed)

You know Mission to Mars (seen above) was actually a pretty good little show. It relied on screens plus seat bottoms that dropped down or lifted up. It was fun for everyone, if not very realistic.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I suppose, but, it means that there were no real solid, hard reasons why something was an "E" ticket. It was based more on popularity then anything else. That would make some of the new ones "E" regardless of their thrill factor. It would be more detail and public interest. I can think of a M&G that is treated like an "E". College students in costume draw me in all the time. (sarcasm, if not noticed)

You know Mission to Mars (seen above) was actually a pretty good little show. It relied on screens plus seat bottoms that dropped down or lifted up. It was fun for everyone, if not very realistic.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what we're talking about here? I'm saying now it seems odd that IASW was classed an E ticket when you compare it to other current day rides such as TOT that people refer to as 'E Ticket' even though tickets vanished many years before it was developed.

However those E Tickets featured in the MK probably deserved that status back then compared to the other offerings. They were mostly bigger, longer and more advanced than the others. I've not ridden 7DMT yet so cannot agree or disagree with that statement, however College students in costumes does have its merits :)

Goofyernmost

To be honest I'm not quite sure what we're talking about here? I'm saying now it seems odd that IASW was classed an E ticket when you compare it to other current day rides such as TOT that people refer to as 'E Ticket' even though tickets vanished many years before it was developed.

However those E Tickets featured in the MK probably deserved that status back then compared to the other offerings. They were mostly bigger, longer and more advanced than the others. I've not ridden 7DMT yet so cannot agree or disagree with that statement, however College students in costumes does have its merits :)
Depends on the costume really!:oops::angelic: But, back to the discussion. I think we agree, what I am saying is that there is no solid standard for what was or would be considered an "E" in this day and age. It is completely left up to our own personal tastes and that's the way it should be when you pay what we pay to get into the park. To me, for example, Carousel of Progress is an "E" ticket and if we still had the ticket books, I would pay the higher rate to be sure I saw it. I don't think that there are many here today that would say that. On that same level, I have ridden 7DMT and feel that, although short, it is sufficiently themed and fun enough to pay the higher price for. In other words, the use of the term "E" ticket is no longer relative to any discussion. Anyone of the attractions is an "E" to somebody. It has a historical relevance, but, not a definable current one except in the mind of individuals. Even back in it's day, to me, It's A Small World, would never have been something that I felt worthy of paying extra money to see.

I remember 'If you had wings' didn't need any tickets to ride when ticket books were being used. It was a 'free' ride that you could go on as many times as you liked and I loved that little ride :cool:
Yes, and the advantage of having a fully sponsored, captive audience, infomercial, very well disguised as a theme park attraction. Genius! I liked it a lot as well, but, it was what it was. If Eastern Airlines hadn't been paying the bill, it would not have been a free ride.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Depends on the costume really!:oops::angelic: But, back to the discussion. I think we agree, what I am saying is that there is no solid standard for what was or would be considered an "E" in this day and age. It is completely left up to our own personal tastes and that's the way it should be when you pay what we pay to get into the park. To me, for example, Carousel of Progress is an "E" ticket and if we still had the ticket books, I would pay the higher rate to be sure I saw it. I don't think that there are many here today that would say that. On that same level, I have ridden 7DMT and feel that, although short, it is sufficiently themed and fun enough to pay the higher price for. In other words, the use of the term "E" ticket is no longer relative to any discussion. Anyone of the attractions is an "E" to somebody. It has a historical relevance, but, not a definable current one except in the mind of individuals. Even back in it's day, to me, It's A Small World, would never have been something that I felt worthy of paying extra money to see.

Ok I see where you're coming from now my friend, can't disagree with what you're saying either (though we took a while getting there :)). I think I'll start referring to 'F Ticket' rides from now on, might even throw in a 'G' to really confuse people and put the cat among the pigeons :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom