Picking up Magic Band Order When Changing Hotel Reservation Last Minute

jrlbc06

Original Poster
We were supposed to check into Port Orleans tomorrow night and I ordered surprise custom magic bands for my group.

At the last minute, our hotel reservation is going to change to the Contemporary due to a great last minute price.

How do I go about getting my magic bands? Will they be magically switched to the new reservation at the Contemporary? Should I stop at Port Orleans before checking in at Contemporary to get them? Or should I call someone? I don't want to show up at the Contemporary and end up with grey magic bands.

LavaLiz

Did you switch your reservation or cancel and make a new one? If you simply upgraded, I think there could be a delay for the magic bands to make it to your new resort, but if you paid for them, you should receive them. You can always call (407) 939-7277 but I recommend dealing with it at the Contemporary IF they aren't waiting on your arrival. Way to treat yourself by the way :)

jrlbc06

Original Poster
I switched my reservation, didn't cancel and make a new one. Very excited for the treat! We're only there for two days, so that's why I wasn't sure about if the delay to get the magic bands would be longer than we'd be there haha.

jrlbc06

Original Poster
I went to Port Orleans. They stated they were not there and had been returned to the depot. I went to the Contemporary, they stated they never received them from the depot. I went back to the Contemporary the next day and they stated they would not be receiving them. They stated they were still at Port Orleans. All around a headache, but they made it right by giving me a credit for what I paid for the magic bands and reordering them to ship directly to my house for next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom