Pick the best day for MNSSHP

Richards070712

Original Poster
My wife and I will be at Disney October 14th-19th. MNSSHP is on Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
I originally thought Friday would be best, kind of the finale of our trip, but then I wondered if the crowd would be heavier on a Friday compared to Monday or Thursday. Any suggestions??

G00fyDad

My wife and I will be at Disney October 14th-19th. MNSSHP is on Monday, Thursday, and Friday.
I originally thought Friday would be best, kind of the finale of our trip, but then I wondered if the crowd would be heavier on a Friday compared to Monday or Thursday. Any suggestions??

That is the day that we plan on going to MNSSHP (Friday the 18th). I hope that it is not that busy, but keep in mind that it will probably see a lot of traffic and be heavier than other weekdays since local children will be out of school. Of course you also have to remember that this party has a limited amount of tickets sold, so the crowd should not be overwhelming any day.

Disnee4Me

I believe they have a limit of 10,000 people for both the MNSSHP and MVMCP (is that the right abbreviation for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?), so the crowds should not be bad at all. Unless all 10,000 try watching the Parade right on Main Street USA ...o_O

jkl2000

I think I read the maximum was 20,000. I also just read the max capacity for the MK is 75,000 but not positive about that.

I'm going on a Friday, later in October. I was a bit worried the Friday would be more crowded too. I think it will be crowded in the hours before the party, but I hope at 7pm it will start clearing out.

I'm not really worried - it fit best for our visit on this night. Should be a blast!

jkl2000

Fridays are the busiest.

So this means either:

a) they sometimes don't sell out on the weeknight parties;
b) they make more tickets available for the Friday parties; or
c) on Fridays more people who are just in MK for the day don't leave the park at 7pm as they're supposed, than on weeknights or Sunday.

Or a combination. Right?

G00fyDad

They sell ten thousand tickets per night for the parties and yes sometimes they do actually sell out, but most of the dates that sell out are toward the end of October. Occasionally an early October party date will sell out and those are usually a Friday.

jkl2000

But if it's really only 10,000 tickets max, that must not be much of a crowd, right? I guess all 10,000 want to see the parade and fireworks, but still that's a relatively small number compared to a regular day, right?

jkl2000

I think I asked in another thread, but does the horseman do his schtick at just one place, or all along the parade route? Also, does the parade start or end at the beginning of Main Street, or does it vary?

Tater tot

Because of the new Fantasy Land expansion, I wonder if they will increase the amount of tickets per event. Since the park is now bigger it can hold more people. I hope not, since I'm going on October 31st and that day is the busiest.

JoeCamel

Horseman starts by Splash and continues all the way around to the firehouse.. Galloped last year, this year a trot. Don't know why. Parade begins at Splash

Much-Pixie-Dust

We have lucked up with low crowds for both MNSSHP and MVMCP. We went both times on Friday nights when no discount tickets were available. For MVMCP we waited about 5 minutes for the Dwarfs and another 5 for Captain Jack. Both parties are great! Hope everybody has a wonderful time that attends them!:)

G00fyDad

All this talk about Friday's being busy freaked me out. I am going to buy tickets this Friday for the October 14th party.

How long do they take to get to your house after you buy them online? The last time we went to the MNSSHP was in 2005 and I cannot remember the shipping time.

Much-Pixie-Dust

All this talk about Friday's being busy freaked me out. I am going to buy tickets this Friday for the October 14th party.

How long do they take to get to your house after you buy them online? The last time we went to the MNSSHP was in 2005 and I cannot remember the shipping time.
You can print them at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom