PI not free for CMs last 2 weekends!!

joanna71985

Original Poster
I can't believe this. I heard about this from my friend:
"PI will NOT be free for CM's on the following dates due to high guest expectancy:
Sept 18, 19, 20 and Sept 25, 26, 27. All days are Thurs-Sat.
Discounted tickets will be availible to CM's at the PI box office or any DTD Guest Relations window."

I can't believe the CMs would be blocked out of PI the last 2 weekends.:(

maggiegrace1

It makes sense if you think about it Jo...they KNOW that their will be tons of people wanting to be there and who will pay..and they also know that the cast members will pay to go..so why not do what they can to make more money...

I know it stinks but I am sure that almost every cast member who frequents it will gladly pay at a discounted rate..they probably would pay a full rate..

SeaBreeze

I honestly can't say that I'm surprised. It makes a lot of sense since it'll be packed... I'm just glad I'm going there the weekend before the black out dates start :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Plus, they are helping wean the CM's from PI, and getting them ready to have to start paying their cover charges elsewhere. :shrug:

Dreamstuff

No offense, but I prefer City Walk to Downtown Disney any day of the week. Better multiplex (AMC sucks), better clubs and bars, and a better atmosphere, overall. Also feel a little bit safer as well.
I can't say since I've never been to City Walk or PI, that will change this month though.

Piebald

Citywalk is way better. Better restaurants and shops and unless you wanna eat Mcdonalds at DTD :hurl::hurl: then you're gonna have to pay a little more for fodo whereas at Citywalk there are plenty of cheaper places alongside the sit down restaurants. The vibe is usually more lively there and although I like their theater better I absolutely hate the people who go and if one thing DTD has over CW is that their theater is pretty laid back. Everytime I'm at CW there are idiots in the theater.

khelinski

CityWalk is an AMC as well :rolleyes:

It wasn't originally an AMC, hence, why I don't consider it an AMC (and if you actually take notice of the detail within the beautiful multiplex, it's far from the ty AMC look - and also, a little FYI - that theater has been around little bit before the grand opening of Universal). Plus, the surround sound alone is far more superior than AMC's version of surround sound. ;-)

Went to the Pleasure Island AMC a few times, and each and every time - had nothing but a horrible experience.

I have no problems with Universal Cineplex. I love the fact they showcase old films (saw Psycho, Breakfast Club, Christmas Vacation, Ferris Bueller and Jurassic Park - all within a year span, I am ed I missed out on Jaws, T2, and Ghostbusters). I love the old theater smell (reminds me of my late great local cinema, which was torn down a few years ago). And I dig the structure of the place. It holds a modern theater vibe, with the classy look (unlike a typical AMC theater, which consists of that mall-like atmosphere - EWK!). And did I mention the surround sound?!?!?!

No offense, but I prefer City Walk to Downtown Disney any day of the week. Better multiplex (AMC sucks), better clubs and bars, and a better atmosphere, overall. Also feel a little bit safer as well.

Really? I always get a little sketched out at City Walk at night. It seems to attract a very different clientele than PI and while I do think they have great restaurants and clubs they seem to attract a lot more young teens and what not.

khelinski

Really? I always get a little sketched out at City Walk at night. It seems to attract a very different clientele than PI and while I do think they have great restaurants and clubs they seem to attract a lot more young teens and what not.

Opposite for me. What most don't realize, is PI (as well as Downtown Disney) has free transportation to and from. I find it too crowed, and while I never had any true bad experience, I've seen and heard of enough bad encounters (especially the West Side).

I find City Walk a lot more cozy, less congested, and dare I say - more safer. Security is tighter - as everything is close by - and while the drawback of actually paying for parking is discouraging, it's also a good thing, for it decreases the amount of would-be crimes (not to say crimes does not happen in City Walk - but unlike Downtown Disney, City Walk only attracts those that can afford it, subtracting those that can't - and those that can't that would target others').

If I am not mistaken, robberies happen quite often in Downtown Disney.

You are right though - City Walk's audience is a little different compared to Downtown Disney. A lot more CPs in Downtown Disney. But I think that will change.

And of course, my argument isn't real strong. One can say Downtown Disney is more safe than Old Town (which is also a fairly popular spot, some CPs don't even know much about). This is just coming from my own preference. Overall, I prefer City Walk over Downtown Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom