PHOTOS - The Polite Pig coming to Disney Springs

G00fyDad

Never seen this place before. Is this like a pulled pork type of place? Are there any other Polite Pig places so I can see a menu of those places?

JUFL2019

Never seen this place before. Is this like a pulled pork type of place? Are there any other Polite Pig places so I can see a menu of those places?
From the article that WDWMagic Posted:
"James and Julie Petrakis, Chef/Owners of The Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder, will open The Polite Pig at Disney Springs. The Ravenous Pig is a popular local restaurant located in nearby Winter Park, and is widely respected for its changing menus based on seasonal ingredients and made-from-scratch items."

71jason

Far more upscale. Fancy takes on traditional Southern dishes. Really good in-house beers as well.

Curious to see how they adopt the menu to be more "street food" oriented. But the beer alone will make it worth a stop.

Also, if they have the biscuits they serve at Sunday brunch--get them.

G00fyDad

Far more upscale. Fancy takes on traditional Southern dishes. Really good in-house beers as well.

Curious to see how they adopt the menu to be more "street food" oriented. But the beer alone will make it worth a stop.

Also, if they have the biscuits they serve at Sunday brunch--get them.

Thanks. I'll probably skip the beer though. I don't drink when I go to Disney. Actually, I only drink wine, at home. I will definitely have to check this place out though.

From the article that WDWMagic Posted:
"James and Julie Petrakis, Chef/Owners of The Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder, will open The Polite Pig at Disney Springs. The Ravenous Pig is a popular local restaurant located in nearby Winter Park, and is widely respected for its changing menus based on seasonal ingredients and made-from-scratch items."

Yeah. I read that. Still looking for a menu. :)

Thank you. :) That's the menu for the upscale version. This seems more like a quick service version of that.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
This sounds like another great addition to Disney Springs. I love all the dining options that are becoming available. I had to go to Frontera Cocina on this last trip and I definitely was not disappointed. This seems like another great add that will surely be a must try for me (especially if people are already discussing their beer selection).

Although I am loving all of these new additions, my fear is how many eateries can Disney Springs sustain and will we eventually see an oversaturation of eateries and heck, even higher-end shopping establishments? I ponder this considering how many restaurants and shopping choices there are in the area between exit 64-75 on I-4. All of these places surely are competing for business so eventually they would eliminate each other no? Idk, just food for thought (no pun intended).

Next Big Thing

This sounds like another great addition to Disney Springs. I love all the dining options that are becoming available. I had to go to Frontera Cocina on this last trip and I definitely was not disappointed. This seems like another great add that will surely be a must try for me (especially if people are already discussing their beer selection).

Although I am loving all of these new additions, my fear is how many eateries can Disney Springs sustain and will we eventually see an oversaturation of eateries and heck, even higher-end shopping establishments? I ponder this considering how many restaurants and shopping choices there are in the area between exit 64-75 on I-4. All of these places surely are competing for business so eventually they would eliminate each other no? Idk, just food for thought (no pun intended).
Disney Springs can easily sustain all of these places. There was a severe lack of places to eat before and you have to remember it's free to park here. Where restaurants may start to suffer is in the parks or at the hotels if people shift over to DS more.

JUFL2019

Thanks. I'll probably skip the beer though. I don't drink when I go to Disney. Actually, I only drink wine, at home. I will definitely have to check this place out though.

Yeah. I read that. Still looking for a menu. :)

Thank you. :) That's the menu for the upscale version. This seems more like a quick service version of that.

This is the first location so there wont be a menu online yet.

flyakite

Both the Pig and C&L are fantastic restaurants. Check out the bio of the Petrakis spouse team. Solid training, experience and accolades. They also run Swine and Sons and are involved with a new concept in downtown Orlando called Dovecote. This should be a delicious restaurant.

mm121

disney springs is packed

recently tried to walk into moritomo without a reservation to get sushi around 5pm and was told we couldnt get seated before 9pm

though there were a TON of empty tables so it made no sense

we left and found a local sushi place that was much better, and they lacked a decent sushi menu anyways

RSoxNo1

disney springs is packed

recently tried to walk into moritomo without a reservation to get sushi around 5pm and was told we couldnt get seated before 9pm

though there were a TON of empty tables so it made no sense

we left and found a local sushi place that was much better, and they lacked a decent sushi menu anyways
That happens a lot at restaurants. They understaff the place and only seat based on realistic waiter to table ratios.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom