News PHOTOS - Taste Track Burgers and Fries kiosk arrives ahead of Electric Umbrella closing

Creathir

After Electric Umbrella is refurbed it will reopen as a yet to be named restaurant, same location. Similarly Mouse Gear will be refurbed and reopen as Mouse Gear or (Insert new name here?), in its old location.
Hopefully the refurb will not take too long. I'm probably being unrealistically hopeful, but I'd love for it to be updated before my October trip this fall...
(Still sad to see it go... loved sitting in the round area people watching people pass by in the plaza)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'm just hoping for this temporary kiosk to have the Brisket Sandwich with Beer Cheese Sauce in it's menu, and I hope we don't miss it when the new or refurbished restaurant reopens.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I wish they'd keep the "electric umbrella" theming... With today's technology, imagine how cool it would be to have a sort of rain-stormy projected sky with an occasional lightning storm making the umbrella's lights flicker (and possibly a quiet style waterfall around the umbrellas).

Like Rainforest Cafe but better.

jt04

I wish they'd keep the "electric umbrella" theming... With today's technology, imagine how cool it would be to have a sort of rain-stormy projected sky with an occasional lightning storm making the umbrella's lights flicker (and possibly a quiet style waterfall around the umbrellas).

Like Rainforest Cafe but better.

You just described every afternoon in central Florida from the middle of Spring until October. ☔⚡💧🌀

raymusiccity

Presumably serving the same awful burgers that Electric Umbrella served, just without air conditioning and refillable beverages?
Willing to bet we've seen the end of 'refillable beverages'. (it's difficult to continue to offer anything based on trusting the customer not to take advantage.) Sort of like the death knell of self served Dole Whips at the Polynesian. :confused:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
At least this one is themed. I seem to recall Taste Track being a plain trailer before when they used to sell Croissant Donuts.
I remember this kiosk also temporarily sold grilled cheese sandwiches. We spent a while looking for a bench nearby to sit with our food back then.

It'd be nice if they also place a few tables and chairs. Eating burgers and fries while walking or standing, isn't ideal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom