Photos - Storybook Circus soft opening

ToTBellHop

I had an epiphany today, while out at one of my jobsites. We're building a gigantic lazy river right now. There's an inspector on the job who nitpicks everything apart.

When he yells about something not being right, or doesn't match the plans, or doesn't look perfect - we continually remind him that, "We're not done yet!"

I'm going to step back and give Disney the courtesy that my company deserves on our project. When it's all complete, and all the walls are down, and they have the dedication - that's when we can either say, "Oh, great, they DID put up a small forest behind Dumbo and the building is gone." or "They really blew it on this one."

Until then, I will keep reminding myself that I'm happy there isn't an internet full of forums analyzing my construction projects :)
There's one difference though--you won't be sending the paying public on rides around your lazy river before it's done ;)

dreamscometrue

It's no wonder the Keys to the Kingdom tour no longer mentions to keys--they don't want us to know about them (or maybe they've forgotten what they are)! It's supposed to be Safety, Courtesy, Show, Efficiency, in that order. Efficiency has cut in front of at least Show (and some would argue the other two) in recent years...

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour last week, and not only did our amazing guide spend the first part of tour talking to us about all 4 'Keys', she pointed out, and asked us for examples of, all 4 keys throughout the entire wonderful 5 and a half hour experience.

Tom

Beta Return
There's one difference though--you won't be sending the paying public on rides around your lazy river before it's done ;)

Excellent point. How bad are the crowds that they really needed to work the crews 27/7 and open half-complete attractions? They've survived in the past without portions of the park.

RSoxNo1

I had an epiphany today, while out at one of my jobsites. We're building a gigantic lazy river right now. There's an inspector on the job who nitpicks everything apart.

When he yells about something not being right, or doesn't match the plans, or doesn't look perfect - we continually remind him that, "We're not done yet!"

I'm going to step back and give Disney the courtesy that my company deserves on our project. When it's all complete, and all the walls are down, and they have the dedication - that's when we can either say, "Oh, great, they DID put up a small forest behind Dumbo and the building is gone." or "They really blew it on this one."

Until then, I will keep reminding myself that I'm happy there isn't an internet full of forums analyzing my construction projects :)

Everyone shout it with me now... "WAIT AND SEE! WAIT AND SEE!"

ToTBellHop

We went on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour last week, and not only did our amazing guide spend the first part of tour talking to us about all 4 'Keys', she pointed out, and asked us for examples of, all 4 keys throughout the entire wonderful 5 and a half hour experience.
Then the tours must be uneven. My January tour (while good) made no mention.
Excellent point. How bad are the crowds that they really needed to work the crews 27/7 and open half-complete attractions? They've survived in the past without portions of the park.

It's a bit confusing. Toontown was obviously closed all last summer and over the 2011 holidays, so if the park could survive then, I'm not sure why they needed half-finished attractions open for the start of Spring Break season. Bad decision. Haven't they learned over the years to not open something before it's done due to the risk of bad press? I actually liked Light Magic.......tap dancing to "Baroque Hoedown" with better use of fiber optics in 1997 than we have on our current MSEP? Yes please...and I think Disneylanders learned what happens when you reject something that was very expensive to put in, to the point that it's removed. You get no replacement. ~cough~ Avatar ~cough~

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Then the tours must be uneven. My January tour (while good) made no mention.

It's a bit confusing. Toontown was obviously closed all last summer and over the 2011 holidays, so if the park could survive then, I'm not sure why they needed half-finished attractions open for the start of Spring Break season. Bad decision. Haven't they learned over the years to not open something before it's done due to the risk of bad press? I actually liked Light Magic.......tap dancing to "Baroque Hoedown" with better use of fiber optics in 1997 than we have on our current MSEP? Yes please...and I think Disneylanders learned what happens when you reject something that was very expensive to put in, to the point that it's removed. You get no replacement. ~cough~ Avatar ~cough~

One difference might be that Big Thunder Mountain is currently closed. I am not sure if there were any major attractions outside of Toon Town closed at Spring Break time last year.

Dan

lazyboy97o

One difference might be that Big Thunder Mountain is currently closed. I am not sure if there were any major attractions outside of Toon Town closed at Spring Break time last year.

Dan
That still makes it the result of bad decisions, the whittling away at the park's capacity over the years and the putting off of maintenance closures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom