Photos - Storybook Circus soft opening

pbrsaau

"Distressed" architecture has been a growing trend at Disney parks in general. Cars Land, Tower of Terror, Everest, even Nemo's queue - all can look worn and still fit with the "theme".

ChristianG

AAH. That view of dumbo's building from Barnstormer!
Well, I'm sure they'll fix that.

Everything else looks amazing though!
I literally said "Wow" out loud when I saw the first picture of Dumbo over water!
It looks great!

Timothy_Q

Everything looks gorgoeus!

what about those ugly remaining structures from toon town in the other side of the train tracks? Won't they retheme those?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One question. Does anybody who was out there today notice if there is a dumbo ride car that will load wheelchairs? Or maybe one with an opening that is larger making a transfer easier?
Thanks.

If you look at picture 12 here, the one of the blue Dumbo, you can see a seam along that side that isn't on any of the others. I assume that the side of this one opens up to allow for easier handicapped access.

Dan

NYwdwfan

I am beyond excited to see this in person - it looks amazing.

Quick question - did you guys notice the Goofini sign that calls him a "Canine Cannonball"? Has it ever been determined that he is actually a dog?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So what does everyone thing of the land so far? What do you like most? What do you dislike?

Slowjack

So what does everyone thing of the land so far? What do you like most? What do you dislike?
Like most: the fountains under Dumbo classes-up the little fella nicely. Like least: those costumes.

Hey, what about the "nextgen" Dumbo queue? Is it operational, or at least to a point here we can get a clearer idea what is in store?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey, what about the "nextgen" Dumbo queue? Is it operational, or at least to a point here we can get a clearer idea what is in store?

Not operational yet, I'm guessing it will be done with the completion of the second Dumbo.

WDWYankee15

Humphrey the Bear

Did anyone notice in picture 71 the insert of Humphrey the Bear?

If you don't know who Humphrey is check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphrey_the_Bear

I haven't heard of an attraction linking in Humphrey, yet he is on this posted prominently displayed with Goofy (the Great Goofini), Dumbo, Casey Jr, and Pete (Pete's Silly Sideshow). It would seem each of these characters has a big role in the new Storybook Circus area, so I am wondering what is the deal with Humphrey the Bear? Why is he on this poster and why did Disney select this more obscure character?

Anybody have any ideas or did I miss something?

The Empress Lilly

The land looks exceedingly ugly. :hurl:

A toddler playground with a very provincial annual county fair in town. Just like those, I'm sure it's fun for the kids. Big props and a cacaphony of bright colors commonly excite kids. But there is no placemaking. Metal poles with canopies, oversized props, bare-structure kiddie-coasters are simply not Disney quality.
Dumboland is Chester and Hester part 2, not up to the standards of either old WDW, or TDL, or Universal.

~Should I add 1974 to my name?~

JustInTime

Did anyone notice in picture 71 the insert of Humphrey the Bear?

If you don't know who Humphrey is check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humphrey_the_Bear

I haven't heard of an attraction linking in Humphrey, yet he is on this posted prominently displayed with Goofy (the Great Goofini), Dumbo, Casey Jr, and Pete (Pete's Silly Sideshow). It would seem each of these characters has a big role in the new Storybook Circus area, so I am wondering what is the deal with Humphrey the Bear? Why is he on this poster and why did Disney select this more obscure character?

Anybody have any ideas or did I miss something?

I noticed him too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom