Photos, photos, photos! Coming soon to your favorite attractions!

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Just a heads up, I received word that the budget was finally approved to install cameras at Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The photo buying areas will go into the Pirates Exit Gift Shop, The Briar Patch Store, and the Yankee Trader gift shop (which will be completely re-themed into a Haunted Mansion store). Mansion is first on the list.

The following part of the post is just rumor...

From what I've heard, the mansion's photo will be taken with the hitchhiking ghosts, pirates will be during the drop, and Thunder Mountain is supposedly getting the photo twice... once on that never-ending turn, and once in the old earthquake scene. Not sure how that last one will work, but if history is any indicator, 1 will probably get budgeted out. Ha ha.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
I thought a few CMs had reported already participating in HM on ride photo testing. Hrm.

Any reported timetable for this install? (It makes them money so odds are it will be done by NYE)
The testing was done with a temporary camera system to see if the effect worked. It did. This is the installation of the permanent one. And sorry, no word on a timetable for the install, but I would expect them to finish by the end of next year at the latest.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Just a heads up, I received word that the budget was finally approved to install cameras at Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The photo buying areas will go into the Pirates Exit Gift Shop, The Briar Patch Store, and the Yankee Trader gift shop (which will be completely re-themed into a Haunted Mansion store). Mansion is first on the list.

The following part of the post is just rumor...

From what I've heard, the mansion's photo will be taken with the hitchhiking ghosts, pirates will be during the drop, and Thunder Mountain is supposedly getting the photo twice... once on that never-ending turn, and once in the old earthquake scene. Not sure how that last one will work, but if history is any indicator, 1 will probably get budgeted out. Ha ha.

It's about time HM finally got a worthy gift shop. I hope it's as well themed as the one in belles village (but stocked with better stuff) interior wise... It could be a big hit.

I'm actually ok with this. I'd rather like a HM photo and BTMR one as well.

Thanks for the info!

Buried20KLeague

Finally !! HM Gift Shop should do very well. I was shocked our very first trip to DW and HM and there was NO gift shop for it.

I've never understood why there hasn't been a huge HM store stocked to the brim with every possible item they could think of. It would sell like crazy. That would be the one store that would drain my wallet. I'd pay $1000 (seriously) for high quality tapestries from the stretching room. And that's just for starters.

midwest_mice

It's about time HM finally got a worthy gift shop. I hope it's as well themed as the one in belles village (but stocked with better stuff) interior wise... It could be a big hit.

Thanks for the info!
Agreed! I run a haunted house in October and am a huge HM fan and hope to see some unique HM items in the re-themed Yankee Trader.
Any word if they will keep Yankee Trader or call it something else? I can't recall what the merchandise cart was called by HM, Leota's or something like that.

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Agreed! I run a haunted house in October and am a huge HM fan and hope to see some unique HM items in the re-themed Yankee Trader.
Any word if they will keep Yankee Trader or call it something else? I can't recall what the merchandise cart was called by HM, Leota's or something like that.
Afraid I don't know anything more about what that store will contain, sorry. All I've heard is that most of the Yankee Trader's current stuff will get moved to the Heritage House store.

AEfx

Thanks for the info!

Same here!

With all the jokes about exiting a ride into a gift shop in popular culture, and the fact that so many Disney rides do, it always felt like THE most appropriate one would be the Haunted Mansion. It would be nice to have a little buffer between the ride and the bright outside, and the Mansion when it does get unique merch is usually outstanding.

The only thing that seems strange is a photo on the drop at Pirates...such a lame place in he ride to take it - I'd rather see you in the middle of one of the scenes - but then again, they are looking for the "oh no" faces - which you don't really get elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom