Photos of the Disney Springs model

roj2323

Original Poster
I didn't realize how massive the parking garage is going to be.
There are going to be 2 parking garages. The second garage, which is the one they are currently building, is larger than the one depicted on the display model. The one on the display model is going in where the current cast services building is located. "roughly"

Edit: Because I was curious, I counted parking spaces on the "small" garage. The top floor depicts 656 spaces. This multiplied by 4 equals 2624 parking spaces. I would think that should help with the parking problem significantly when combined with the second garage that is 1/3rd to 1/2 larger than the small one shown.

Last edited:

John

These are great pictures, but it would be nice if we had more details. I guess its still early. Seems like an awful lot of building to be done. TDO and Disney really could make this thing amazing. I bash Disney a lot....but if they get this right it will go a long way to gaining some respectability back as far as I am concerned. They have to do something in the way of adult offerings. Ok....Pleasure Island is never coming back but they have to do something. There is speculation but until we actually see it we just don't know.

Please give us something unique as far as tenants go. Yes I realize there will be the usual suspects such as American Eagle and such but please give us something that spreads the magic. Things you can not find anywhere else. Chain restaurants and stores you see everyday just wont cut it.

Sadly I think that is exactly what will be. WDW is quickly becoming a majority of foreign guest. They are very happy shopping in these types of places because they are unique to them. They cant buy this stuff at home and when they can its extremely expensive. Please please give us a unique mix!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm hoping that Planet Hollywood will be made into a planetarium and that it will use Sanitarium by Metallica as the Planetarium's theme song, with, of course, the word Planetarium taking the place of the word Sanitarium throughout most of the song. They may also want to replace the beginning bit because we don't want guests thinking they can't ever leave the planetarium.

Also, I'm hopeful that a balloon emporium, sausage casing factory, and mulch display center will be a big part of the plans, because Disney has never addressed these needs.

Wikkler

It looks like, from the last picture, that DisneyQuest is staying. I can't see the La Nouba building, though. It might not be in the model.

CDavid

great photos - although i know they're necessary - the parking garages are a huge eye-sore.

The parking garages would have looked so much better if they had been located across the street, over between the Casting Center and Team Disney, with rearranged parking.

roj2323

Original Poster
It looks like, from the last picture, that DisneyQuest is staying. I can't see the La Nouba building, though. It might not be in the model.
Cirque is staying. Not much is changing on the west side aside from the addition of 2 structures behind Cirque and the addition of the Elevated "train" platform which will serve as restaurant seating and much needed shade.

Pumbaa1222

great photos - although i know they're necessary - the parking garages are a huge eye-sore.

I'm actually encouraged, it looks like sight lines of the parking garages will be minimum based on the model from inside the springs. from the road, I'm not so sure about, but it's to all that great to look at now a giant parking lot and the back of buildings. I have a feeling they will theme these well and won't be as obtrusive as we think.

lazyboy97o

I don't understand why the retail was just not integrated into the parking decks. That would have removed the alley between them.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm hoping that Planet Hollywood will be made into a planetarium and that it will use Sanitarium by Metallica as the Planetarium's theme song, with, of course, the word Planetarium taking the place of the word Sanitarium throughout most of the song. They may also want to replace the beginning bit because we don't want guests thinking they can't ever leave the planetarium.

Also, I'm hopeful that a balloon emporium, sausage casing factory, and mulch display center will be a big part of the plans, because Disney has never addressed these needs.

And on that note...I have not followed through on the rumors of Planet Hollywoods demise. Did it go? Is it going?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This looks like its going to take years to complete.

Jimmy Thick- Disappointed.

Supposed to be completed in 2016, but the permits run until the end of 2017. Not really surprised since next to the DCA makeover this is one of the most intrusive projects Disney has done. Hard to make this big a change and still keep the place running.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom