News PHOTOS - New look Magic Kingdom auto-plaza shares similar color scheme with Cinderella Castle

KYDVC

It would be cool if they did the posts in a paint-by-numbers type variations that they did at the base of the castle. It would kind of tie it all in together.

That being said, I think it's a nice upgrade.

Disstevefan1

How is this unnecessary?
Let’s see...
There are walls everywhere in EPCOT.
Work has stopped for:
Tron
Guardians
Rat in France
Space ship earth
The people mover
WDW RR (how many years will we not have that?)
The Star Wars hotel
The new hotel going where river county was
Not sure if they have resumed work on the floats for the new EPCOT fireworks show or not.

I am sure I am forgetting something since there are so many

But I get it about the paint job; it’s cheap and quick and they can say they did something..

lazyboy97o

Let’s see...
Work has stopped for:
Tron
Guardians
Rat in France
Space ship earth
The people mover
The Star Wars hotel
Not sure if they have resumed work on the floats for the new EPCOT fireworks show or not.

But I get it about the paint job; it’s cheap and quick and they can say they did something..
Paint does more than just look pretty, it also provides protection for the materials.

Maintenance of existing assets is the job of FAM (Facility Asset Management) with Walt Disney Imagineering handling any design changes. New projects are the responsibility of Imagineering. Different groups doin different things. These paint projects were not just started a few weeks ago.

Disstevefan1

Paint does more than just look pretty, it also provides protection for the materials.

Maintenance of existing assets is the job of FAM (Facility Asset Management) with Walt Disney Imagineering handling any design changes. New projects are the responsibility of Imagineering. Different groups doin different things. These paint projects were not just started a few weeks ago.
Good job on the paint job team FAM! Now if you could do something about this list I have here.....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Magic-Kingdom_Full_39658.jpg

castlecake2.0

It’s not like if they didn’t paint the sign TRON would finish earlier. That’s not how it works. When I was a manager at Disney Store if I put in a work order to get some flooring fixed didn’t mean we wouldn’t get next months new signage/marketing package. It’s all very different budgets and departments and facility/asset management.

DisneyTransport

Let’s see...
Work has stopped for:
Tron
Guardians
Rat in France
Space ship earth
The people mover
The Star Wars hotel

the WDW RR.... slower than molasses I tell ya but there is a lot of moving parts with it right now. It is being interfered with by Tron, so that needs to finish before the RR is up and running.

Also, I think people mover needs more love. All hands on deck! Best ride in the whole park ;)

I agree with your statement though. It is needed, but not right now. I'm assuming they already pre-paid the workers or something

DisneyTransport

Yes, this was a coordinated effort. These projects at Disney are rarely within a single team. So for this, Imagineering was called on for the color changes, and told FAM to get on it. But if it is a new project, like say, Tron, it will have an Imagineering Project Team, not within FAM.

Imagineering teams can be great to deal with in these small modification/updating tasks.... or a real pain in the neck! (but they're why Disney is so great!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom