News PHOTOS - New look Magic Kingdom auto-plaza shares similar color scheme with Cinderella Castle

TrainsOfDisney

I believe that’s called “Old man trying to look 30.” :D
Their responses to your accusation-

B2BF87EF-C501-4253-8112-872FD75F0B95.jpeg2F885129-84E7-4331-9227-B267E9BD5D46.jpeg

Mesmer92

In the Parks
No
To be honest, any fresh coat of paint is welcomed at the toll plaza. It looked awful and run down for the longest time; nothing says "Welcome to the world's number one theme park" like chipped and faded paint. I'm a fan of the more subdued scheme anyway, it breathes a new life into the area.

Brer Oswald

I've heard similar things. The gist seems to be that the concept art provided (more than the only one that went public) didn't accurately depict the repaint. Like us, many high-ups thought this would be a much lighter/paler pink than it ended up being.

I'd expect to see at least a minor repaint in the nearer-than-originally-planned future.
The concept art that was released was beautiful. What we got (at least based on the pictures I’ve seen) is not beautiful.

spock8113

So this is what they're doing with your $100 a day and a not-so-free trip to Disney's Wonderful World of COVID?
Fix Figment!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Any recent photos? I'd really like to see what they've done with the castle on the sign...

Pictures from today at BlogMickey -

magic-kingdom-toll-plaza-repainting-10202020-2.jpg
magic-kingdom-parking-plaza-repainting-05.jpg

"Really pushing in on the work, we can see just a shade darker blue has been painted on the background shadow of the ‘M’ and part of the ‘a’."

magic-kingdom-toll-plaza-repainting-10202020-5.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.34.22 PM.png

"Starting today, these gateways to a Disney vacation are about to get some pixie dust as we begin to adorn them with a new color palette that complements the recent royal makeover of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park. The rendering above gives you a first glimpse at what the entrances will look like when they’re finished; in addition, you’ll see these colors appear on the Magic Kingdom Park Auto Plaza as we bring a new shimmer to that iconic entryway.

These refreshed gateways will continue to set the tone for all the stories you’ll tell and the memories you’ll cherish long after your visit. They’re also part of the broad tapestry of new experiences happening across Walt Disney World as part of the resort’s historic transformation that includes expansive themed lands like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, new attractions like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, and new places to stay like Disney’s Riviera Resort. "

999th Happy Haunt

Brian

View attachment 508531

"Starting today, these gateways to a Disney vacation are about to get some pixie dust as we begin to adorn them with a new color palette that complements the recent royal makeover of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom Park. The rendering above gives you a first glimpse at what the entrances will look like when they’re finished; in addition, you’ll see these colors appear on the Magic Kingdom Park Auto Plaza as we bring a new shimmer to that iconic entryway.

These refreshed gateways will continue to set the tone for all the stories you’ll tell and the memories you’ll cherish long after your visit. They’re also part of the broad tapestry of new experiences happening across Walt Disney World as part of the resort’s historic transformation that includes expansive themed lands like Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, new attractions like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, and new places to stay like Disney’s Riviera Resort. "

That's great, but can they station FHP or Orange County Sheriff's Office around there once it's done? I'm sick of narrowly avoiding rear-end collisions with the people who brake from 55mph -> 10mph in under a second so they can get a longer look at the sign/wake their kids up to look at it.

...and don't get me started on the people who park right next to the "No Stopping Any Time" signs and take family pictures!

Last edited:

vikescaper

View attachment 508531

I would like it better if they used either WDW’s original logo or a modernized version of it. I kinda wish they would use the blue and gold color scheme for the highway signs but I know that won’t happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom