News PHOTOS - New look Magic Kingdom auto-plaza shares similar color scheme with Cinderella Castle

Walt d

This has been mentioned in a few thread, but probably worthy of having its own.

Some one on here said, the Castle is going to be repainted again does that mean they’ll change this to? These colors make me want to loose my lunch. Being a kustom painter air brusher graphics designer. I was happy with the old look” please re-do this! Yuck”

cookiee_munster

This pink colour, is it iridescent? it's got that pink/gold shimmer to it which does make me wonder whether they were trying to go with the same effect on the castle which lead it to looking like it has...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This pink colour, is it iridescent? it's got that pink/gold shimmer to it which does make me wonder whether they were trying to go with the same effect on the castle which lead it to looking like it has...

I think it's fauxidescent. No matter what angle the "E" is seen from, the color pattern doesn't change. Maybe they'll glue some glitter on it.

Iridescent pink was at one time shown to be part of the 50th color scheme. An insider has said that the pink on the castle is more a new normal and the 50th overlay is still to come.

Maybe they'll glue glitter on the castle.

tirian

I think it's fauxidescent. No matter what angle the "E" is seen from, the color pattern doesn't change. Maybe they'll glue some glitter on it.

Iridescent pink was at one time shown to be part of the 50th color scheme. An insider has said that the pink on the castle is more a new normal and the 50th overlay is still to come.

Maybe they'll glue glitter on the castle.
WDI: “Remember rose gold?”

Humanity: “From six years ago?”

WDI: “Yeah, it’s magical and popular, and we’re going to put it everywhere!”

WDI: “It’s the new gold, right? It looks great with those Instagram filters the millennial kids use.”

WDI: “Maybe we can find new places to use that hot new song ‘Let It Go’ too.”

trainplane3

WDI: “Remember rose gold?”

WDI: “Yeah, it’s magical and popular, and we’re going to put it everywhere!”

WDI: “It’s the new gold, right? It looks great with those Instagram filters the millennial kids use.”

WDI: “Maybe we can find new places to use that hot new song ‘Let It Go’ too.”
Executives: How much does this "new" color cost us?

WDI: It's only $800 a can!

Executives: You've got to be-

WDI: We talked down the producer of the paint from $700!

Executives: Wha-

WDI: Well you see with inflation it would've been $900!!

Executives: *screaming*

With some of the numbers from people with access tell us, I really wonder if this is what actually happens.

trainplane3

Some progress on the plaza:
Work has started on stripping/priming the main sign:
magic-kingdom-parking-plaza-repainting-03.jpg

JoeCamel

As time goes on the collor will look better. You cant see it now but the effects of hourly exposure to carbon monoxide from cars and buses passing through will bring out the richness and vibrancy of the colors. It will just POP.
That's what was missing at the environmental test site! The paint performed well in the weather but we didn't have the ICE emissions! Thank you so much for pointing this out and we will be sure to have Walt's plane idle for 8 hours a day next to the test panels.
Mystery solved!

wedenterprises

_caleb

Not to be a hater, but the MK Toll Plaza is a good example of the flat ornamentation that struck me as cheap and dated when I first started going to WDW after growing up a Disneylander. It's not used as commonly as it once was, and I'm not exactly sure how to describe it– layers of flat sheetmetal to create the illusion of depth?

I do like this paint job, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom