PHOTOS - My Disney Experience Mobile Ordering is coming to Pandora in the Satu'li Canteen

Figments Friend

Looks terrific to me.
So nice to have some interesting and unusual options to try out.
There are only so many burger joints and pizza stands one can tolerate.
It is always welcome to see alternatives to the same old generic 'theme park fast food' options.

Yet another thing I'm looking forward to experiencing whenever I get back to Florida....this neat 'Pandorian' food.
Sounds right up my alley!
:hungry:

-

AshaNeOmah

I think it might be a hard sell for kids, but DAK has other options to cater to them before and after Pandora.

We've had to stop and get fruit or chicken nuggets for our son after a few 'exotic' meals in Disney.

radiorae

I feel like cheese quesadillas and pigs in the blanket are pretty safe for kids; it may just come down to what they're served with. If it's apple slices or french fries, no problem... but I'm not sure how many kids are going to dive into some veggie slaw.

I do like they're trying to add some more variety. AK already had a great food lineup; this will just make it stronger. I'm super excited for the cheeseburger bao.

MrHappy

Great menu, continues a trend along the lines of Skippers. I'm liking the order system too...makes the smartphone even more essential to the WDW experience, so as we discussed in another thread, the phone could have potential in ride queues similar to the Dumbo buzzer system.

twebber55

so i get my cell phone go to the menu order and pay for it through MDE, walk in hit the Im here button (on my phone or in the restaurant?)
pick up food when ready...

BackOTheLine

I can't wait until a tour group shows up and all 75 people hit "I'm here" at the same time. Listen for the faint sounds of screaming coming from the kitchen.

All joking aside - I appreciate the direction of the menu. Just keeps reaffirming that AK is the best food park, in my opinion.

I am Timmy

I could do without the fish egg garnish (what is it?), but other than that I'm excited for some variety! The drink offerings also look enticing, it will be fun trying a bit of ....oh, everything!

rushtest4echo

This is ridiculous. What a cash grab. I can see this being a "fastpass for food", that is to say more people will be out of food lines and in lines buying stupid princesses and light up junk for their kids instead of enjoying the food line. Now food service capacity is cut for those regular people waiting in line, so now if I choose not to order on line, someone who ordered on line walks right past me and gets their food.

Besides, this removes the spontaneity from my food ordering process. When I was a child, I would hold up the line with my nervous parents shouting "DO YOU WANT JUICE OR MILK!" while everyone behind us waited for us to finally finish ordering. All of that magic is now gone, with some cold phone app. Now I have to plan what I want to eat ahead of time and I can't just stare at the menu in the restaurant anymore. More Iger turning the place into a supermarket. What a shame, just another sad attempt to make a buck. All under the guise of "enhancing the guest experience". We all all know it's some sharp pencil boy's spreadsheet formula that said they'd sell an extra side of fries if they used this system. We can see right through Disney's marketing BS and see this for what it really is. It's a downgrade, a cash grab, a degradation of Walt's ideals, all to make Chappie and Iger an extra quarterly bonus. Sad.

But this is what I've come to expect from them, this is "the new Disney".

KrzyKtty

This is ridiculous. What a cash grab. I can see this being a "fastpass for food", that is to say more people will be out of food lines and in lines buying stupid princesses and light up junk for their kids instead of enjoying the food line. Now food service capacity is cut for those regular people waiting in line, so now if I choose not to order on line, someone who ordered on line walks right past me and gets their food.

Besides, this removes the spontaneity from my food ordering process. When I was a child, I would hold up the line with my nervous parents shouting "DO YOU WANT JUICE OR MILK!" while everyone behind us waited for us to finally finish ordering. All of that magic is now gone, with some cold phone app. Now I have to plan what I want to eat ahead of time and I can't just stare at the menu in the restaurant anymore. More Iger turning the place into a supermarket. What a shame, just another sad attempt to make a buck. All under the guise of "enhancing the guest experience". We all all know it's some sharp pencil boy's spreadsheet formula that said they'd sell an extra side of fries if they used this system. We can see right through Disney's marketing BS and see this for what it really is. It's a downgrade, a cash grab, a degradation of Walt's ideals, all to make Chappie and Iger an extra quarterly bonus. Sad.

But this is what I've come to expect from them, this is "the new Disney".
Lol, all of the reasons you described are why I would love to use the system. I do not consider standing in yet ANOTHER line at Disney to be any fun at all. Not even remotely. Also the prospect of my kid driving me nuts with a throng of people behind me getting more impatient by the minute does not impress me. My husband and I love technology. I consider sitting around the table to be the enjoyable family time. Anything that lets me increase my time at the table and decrease it in line ordering is a welcome to me. More time to eat, more time in the park, less time wasted in line.

I plan everything ahead of time anyway. I already know what I will eat at most restaurants and my trip isn't even until June. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom