PHOTOS - Mickey Mouse meet & greet locations in Tomorrowland, L Square, Frontierland

SMRT-1

where is Mickey's space suit for TL?

1846441387_7563c3fef8.jpg

minniemickeyfan

Interesting..can't wait to meet them in their new outfits.

Birnbaum's 2011 Guide mentions under Town Square Exposition Hall (which I see is now renamed on the new map) that Mickey and Minnie have "...been greeting guests at this location since Toontown Fair left town."
Their new locations will be much better.

Cmdr_Crimson

*Sigh* While temporary they take another one of my off the beaten path areas...I was just there not only two weeks ago sitting there nice and secluded enjoying my Popcorn there...

degunter

Bad Show?

We saw Mickey greeting guests by the Splash Mountain Exit... then got on the train and saw Mickey and Minnie greeting Guests in Tomorrowland...

That's not suppose to happen is it???

We saw Mickey greeting guests by the Splash Mountain Exit... then got on the train and saw Mickey and Minnie greeting Guests in Tomorrowland...

That's not suppose to happen is it???

If you were able to get on the train and go to Tomorrowland, why couldn't Mickey?

"Minnie, I saw that family over there when we were over by Splash Mountain and now they're here! Can you believe that? Bad show."

Wilt Dasney

Those Utilidors come in handy for the Mouse!

If you were able to get on the train and go to Tomorrowland, why couldn't Mickey?

"Minnie, I saw that family over there when we were over by Splash Mountain and now they're here! Can you believe that? Bad show."
:lol:

A few people have mentioned this as a concern, but I don't really get why it's an issue. As long as two Mickeys aren't visible at the same time in the same place, then it seems easy enough to explain away.

Computer Magic

A few people have mentioned this as a concern, but I don't really get why it's an issue. As long as two Mickeys aren't visible at the same time in the same place, then it seems easy enough to explain away.
You worked for Disney so you would know more than myself, but how was this treated when you worked in Disney? I thought Disney only had out one character at a time? Maybe this is what they are doing? I don't see them saying they are out at the same time.

wolf359

I think the strict "only one out at a time" stance relaxed once the dedicated meet and greet locations popped into existence, but I admit this seems almost too relaxed. At least all three aren't listed in the times guide...

However, because of the limited capacity at any one of those locations I'm not sure Disney had too much of a choice in order to keep wait times from skyrocketing...multiple locations is the only viable option.

Wilt Dasney

You worked for Disney so you would know more than myself, but how was this treated when you worked in Disney? I thought Disney only had out one character at a time? Maybe this is what they are doing? I don't see them saying they are out at the same time.
I don't really have any knowledge about how Entertainment works, but I've read on these forums that the Mickeys are out at the same time in some cases.

Since they're tethered to one area (instead of free-roaming) and none of the locations are visible from any other, I can't see how it would break any cardinal rules of character meets. :shrug:

I do remember once reading that Disney strictly regulates how close any two versions of one character get to each other (to the point of equipping every Mickey with a pager that goes off if it gets within range of another Mickey!)...but that sounds more like urban legend to me. At least the pager bit. :lol:

imagineer boy

Okay, what the heck is Mickey doing inside hall of presidents? How does that work.

And I had a feeling they wouldn't attempt to make Mickey blend into Tomorrowland...

Wilt Dasney

Okay, what the heck is Mickey doing inside hall of presidents? How does that work.

And I had a feeling they wouldn't attempt to make Mickey blend into Tomorrowland...
It looks like the T-Land Mickey is there to fill a perceived demand for "normal" Mickey. Maybe the idea is people want a place to find him in his everyday outfit, and that's the "official" M&G that gets publicized in the times guide.

Personally, I'd prefer him to be in a space suit to match the setting, like the others.

lebeau

No kidding.

We did run into an ambidexterous Minnie Mouse once. She was left handed at breakfast and right-handed one mono-rail trip later at the MK.

RSoxNo1

Characters should go into hiding if they appear in a parade. I'm not sure if that still happens anymore either.

degunter

Multiple Locations

I remember thinking the same thing as a young Child when we would go from MK to Epcot and the characters were there too... but that was like an hour apart and I remember my parents saying that is why we came to Epcot, because they knew Mickey was coming over there too... So it worked... but to see a line with 50-60 people when the train is leaving Frontierland and then pass tomorrowland and see him in a different outfit and another huge line 5 minutes later, was a bit much.

I personally do not care, I just noticed this and was wondering if something had changed in the policy. It does make sense now that Toontown is closed.

dreamfinder

Characters should go into hiding if they appear in a parade. I'm not sure if that still happens anymore either.

Not sure about these, but the Pixar characters at DHS do during that parade. That is why Buzz, Woody, Mike, Sully et al disappear for an or so each afternoon.

And isn't this supposed to be a short term temp solution until the Town Hall Theater is ready to roll? I can't really think of anyplace else they can put Mickey & Minnie without causing massive lines and seriously upsetting little Suzies parents.

Personally, I hope to see colonial Mickey next trip. Thats kinda cool.

Computer Magic

I almost want to return to get a picture with Mickey at FL and HOP. I have many pictues with Mickey in a different costume. I just to try and get a different one every trip. But I started visting WDW to much so I stopped. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom