PHOTOS - Height balloon test spotted at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

RSoxNo1

Alternatives are being explored.
Hoverbikes?

Simpsons_09_24_P5.jpg

*Q*

FYI the CBR boat link to Epcot seems to have been scrapped.

Alternatives are being explored.

I really, really hope they do something beyond just buses. For far too long I think Disney management has vastly underestimated how much monorails, boats, peoplemovers, etc. are an integral iconic element of a Disney destination. They're a big loss leader, but they're a very important one. It's been heartbreaking to watch each successive new Disney park offer less and less in terms of transportation rides, whether it's monorails or boats (or even a peoplemover would be a great option) from the resort hotels to and from the park, or rides in the park like steam trains, peoplemovers, skyways, riverboats, etc.

TeriofTerror

I really, really hope they do something beyond just buses. For far too long I think Disney management has vastly underestimated how much monorails, boats, peoplemovers, etc. are an integral iconic element of a Disney destination. They're a big loss leader, but they're a very important one. It's been heartbreaking to watch each successive new Disney park offer less and less in terms of transportation rides, whether it's monorails or boats (or even a peoplemover would be a great option) from the resort hotels to and from the park, or rides in the park like steam trains, peoplemovers, skyways, riverboats, etc.
And more walkways. I'd much rather walk than rely on Disney transportation. And it can be such a blessed relief from the typical hustle and bustle found at WDW. The walkway between DHS and the Boardwalk is one of my favorite spots on property.

Bocabear

ABSOLUTELY! The buses are a real negative...When staying on property we never take the buses anymore...they are incredibly inconvenient and a huge time gobbler. We drive our own car everywhere...and friends who fly in now rent a car to avoid the bus situation...They REALLY need to expand the monorail system or put the peoplemover system into real service and create a shuttle line.

fngoofy

I accept that DVC will continue to expand its footprints throughout Walt Disney World. However, architecturally and thematically, I cannot stand the towering skyscrapers that loom over the original resorts. I truly wish the annexes more closely followed the design cues of the original resorts. Is it too much to build 3-5 story cabanas at Disney's CBR?
I'm not quite following you on this. Old Key West is low lying, Grand Flo is the same height as the main buildings, Contemp is the same height as the main tower, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, AK all the same as well.
The one that does concern me is the Poly, but if they put it out in the current parking lot it wouldn't be that big a deal (although I do wish they would just do more longhouses.)

HauntedMansionFLA

And more walkways. I'd much rather walk than rely on Disney transportation. And it can be such a blessed relief from the typical hustle and bustle found at WDW. The walkway between DHS and the Boardwalk is one of my favorite spots on property.
Any idea what the walk would be from CBR to EPCOT ??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom