PHOTOS - First look and taste at Chicken Guy! Disney Springs

Jon81uk

So a more expensive, but not nearly as good Chick-Fil-A

Getting a combo including a drink $11.49 isn't a bad value for a WDW restaurant. Can you find me a chicken tenders or sandwich, fries and drink for that price anywhere else on Disney property? Even Disney (frozen) chicken nuggets and fries is $10 at the parks or a resort food court plus a drink on top of that.

I'm looking forward to trying this next time I'm in the Springs. I'm a big fan of Robert Earl's Earl of Sandwich venture (incidentally not named after him). Unlike his flailing Buca di Beppo, that's one restaurant I actually want in my area.

llrain

Is that guy Fiore on the wall there? Bad bad move mr owner..hes got a bad rap lately with his restaurants
Now that I've seen that will definitely not visit...
The whole eatery looks like it doesn't even really fit in with the new disney springs style

Jon81uk

Is that guy Fiore on the wall there? Bad bad move mr owner..hes got a bad rap lately with his restaurants
The whole eatery looks like it doesn't even really fit in with the new disney springs style

You know the restaurant is named after Guy Fieri (Chicken Guy) and he is already working with Planet Hollywood.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I honestly do not understand the personal hatred for Fieri. It is perfectly acceptable to not like his food, personality, etc., but so many extend a personal hatred to the man himself and I just don't get that.

Does this guy beat his wife and kick puppies for sport and I have just missed it? From where I am sitting, he seems like a better than average human being.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It fits in really well with the Disney Springs look. Lots of exposed brick, metal lined ceilings, eleborate light fixtures. The designers did a nice job, especially for a restaurant serving $7 dishes.

Phonedave

I honestly do not understand the personal hatred for Fieri. It is perfectly acceptable to not like his food, personality, etc., but so many extend a personal hatred to the man himself and I just don't get that.

Does this guy beat his wife and kick puppies for sport and I have just missed it? From where I am sitting, he seems like a better than average human being.

Honestly, I think the man has evolved into a cliche. I also think a lot of is food is garbage - no balance, no real though about how flavors go together. It is more along the lines of "if a little is good, a lot must be awesome".

However, that does not mean I hate him and it does not mean I won't try his food (I just set expectations accordingly)

This place seems pretty good, for what it is - chicken (chest areas, the forum censors don't like that word), grilled or deep fried. Really, if that is 90% of the prep for your entire restaurant, you damn well better be able to get that right.

You can keep Guy's Donkey Sauce, Flavortown, On Point, Frosted Tips, and Backwards Sunglasses. But if they are putting up a good chicken sandwich for $7, I will be the first to line up. Just don't expect me to take a selfe with the Guy cut out, or to rave that the sauce is so good you could "put it on a flip flop and eat it"

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This is a serious question, not snarky. What part of the country do you live in? The reason why I ask is because 12 bucks for a combo meal is in no way Expensive ESPECIALLY not at a vacation venue.
A similar combo meal (sandwich, fries, drink) at an Atlanta area Chick Fil A is $6.25-7.25 (Grilled is more expensive than fried.)
Many southerners are Chick Fil A obsessed and consider it superior to all other chicken places in taste, which is what I think @Mr Incredible meant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom