PHOTOS - Disneybounding comes to Walt Disney World with The Dress Shop

The Empress Lilly

But John Stamos does it. End of conversation.

John-Stamos-Disneybound-as-Nick-Wilde.jpg

Screenshot-from-2017-03-07-16-01-15.png

14852616_john-stamos-is-disneybounding-and-its_t63b8634c.png

1054182-a.jpg

The only over-the-top attention seeking one is the last one.
I don't know who he is. I see a commendably well dressed Disney guest. Maybe his bounding is too subtle for me, I don't get the references.

WDW has the problem of climate. You can only dress like that in winter, or if you change twice a day at your next door $1200/night luxury resort.

Last edited:

Slowjack

The only over-the-top attention seeking one is the last one.
So you're saying he's wearing a 19th century costume in order to fit in? :)

I guess I don't care about this thing one way or the other, but I have to admit, I never thought I would live to see the day that "John Stamos does it" would be a bullet point, let alone a mike-drop conversation ender. For that matter, I never thought I would live to see that day that anyone would loudly announce his affection for Newsies, which all started with a film that perhaps seventeen people saw when it was first released. Good for both of 'em, I guess. Maybe there's still hope for me to become famous and popular, too.

The Empress Lilly

Goofnut1980

Yup. A lot of women want to Disneybound with their boyfriend's.

They probably see that as too risky to just jump into though. If they get a lot of requests for men then maybe we will eventually see it happen.

Sounds like we need to do one of those silly online petitions that really never go anywhere. lol

BrittanyRose428

I see both sides of the Disneybounding argument. I know a few people (who I honestly find kind of insufferable regardless) who give off that attention-seeking vibe while Disneybounding. I have some friends with Disney blogs or YouTube channels, and for those reasons I don't mind so much when they constantly post pictures and talk about their Disneybounding, but then there are other people I know who give off that 'hey look at me, I want attention' vibe when there really is no reason for them to "market" themselves.

It's also annoying imo when their Disneybounds aren't even done well and they don't stop bragging about it. There are so many weird "rulebreaker" things about Disneybounding, like dressing as non-Disney characters or just ridiculous things like the sky in the background of a certain Disney film, and that just really turns me off. If it's done with some effort and actually looks put together and isn't coming off as a person just being full of themselves I'm fine with it. It's one of those things that most of the people who do it are probably completely fine, but the couple of obnoxious ones give them a bad rep.

Pleakley

It's about time they got on board with making some nicer Disney inspired, more fashionable clothes. Indie brands like BlackMilk from Australia (not sure if they still do Disney) have gotten cult followings from their printed dresses and leggings. Heck even Hot Topic sells some decent stuff, for men and women. These less obvious prints are the way to go for most teens and adults. They'll be less likely to be relegated as "park only" clothes.

As for Disneybounding, I agree it all depends on who. I've done it, but I was quite subtle. Though it's not the actual degree of subtlety of the outfit that's bothersome, but rather that of the wearer. It's just that obnoxious people are often drawn to obnoxious schemes. There are those who do a really nice job though and I enjoy getting to see their looks.

One plus to -bounding: Generally nobody doing it ever looks sloppy. (With few exceptions...)

cdeev8690

This is one of the saltiest threads i've encountered. There are plenty of people across the planet that like to cosplay and/or disneybound and it has nothing to do with impressing fellow-park goers and it's not just little teens who run around the parks taking selfies. Even if it were, how does that impact you and your day at the park? Dang, just do your own thing. Let these people dress however they like as long as it's appropriate and within Disney's costume policy. I know some of these WOMEN (not just girls) who Disneybound and it takes a lot of time to put these outfits together and it makes them feel wonderful to walk into the park in the outfit they worked hard on. Yeah, sure, they take some photos. Who are you to take that joy away from them? Just because it's not for you, doesn't mean you're entitled to be snarky about it.

TeriofTerror

I'm quite excited, tbh, but I do wonder what the price point will be. My fear is that it's going to run similar to Pinup Girl Clothing (who themselves have some interesting Disney-inspired merchandise).

Figment82

I found the Tiki dress - it's $118 :eek: and the cute matching purse is $88.

I was all set to pick up a few of these, but yikes! I don't wear dresses very often, so I might pass or just choose my favorite. And here I was thinking of buying some to use the fabric to make pillows or other accents. :facepalm:

Edited to add: The ToT and Snow White dresses are $98.

TeriofTerror

I found the Tiki dress - it's $118 :eek: and the cute matching purse is $88.

I was all set to pick up a few of these, but yikes! I don't wear dresses very often, so I might pass or just choose my favorite. And here I was thinking of buying some to use the fabric to make pillows or other accents. :facepalm:
Did you happen to see the price of the ToT dress?

punkabella

I know it wasn't disneybounding for men, but men had their own shop cooper & main? something like that.

I do think coordinating accessories (bowties, belts, etc) for men would be a nice touch for couples. What would they do for men? Pirates, Dapper Dan, Prince Charming?

NYwdwfan

I like that the crinoline is sold separately. If I get one When I buy the iasw one I would have had to rip it out if it came attached. Florida heat + itchy stuff my grandma cleaned the bathtub with = no good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom