PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
People who are more obsessed with Disney than we all are...

Who wear Disney gear even when inappropriate and are at the parks at least 2 days per week, Basically their entire life revolves around WDW and they are NOT a CM. Some of them have vanity blogs as well.

If a Lifestyler gets a CM job it usually cures them of the affliction as the reality of working for Mickey and his friends quickly dispels the fantasies. Some of them go on to be excellent CM's because of their knowledge.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The fact that there would be over a 2 hour wait to get into a new bar at WDW is another example of the population explosion in the Orlando area - much of which is thanks to Disney and the huge amount of labor they have been adding in the past decade. I bet a lot of those people that packed the place are Disney employees.

Even with the discount the average WDW employee cannot afford those drinks...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Call me uninformed....what is a Lifestyler?

Non CM's with a unhealthy obsession with WDW, usually visit the place at least twice per week, Everything they own says Disney on it, We are all crazy about Disney but it has a place in our lives as I have Disney clothes but they are only worn AT Disney and the majority of them live in a Owners Locker in Orlando not at home. For a Lifestyler Disney IS their life - hence the name.

Lifestylers take their obsession several levels above ours.

Away from Disney the only outward signs of Disney is a Figment on one of the benches in my lab and a couple of Fantasia Cel's on the walls.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Ignoring the little voice in my head asking how much any of these drinks cost...
That place looks awesome. It seems like some of the creatives really fought the good fight against the bean counters to make sure there were still some unique elements to make this place stand out against Uni's recent run of superior F/B.

BrerJon

Though these places below are no Adventurer's Club or Comedy Warehouse they are still wonderful places to go out to for the night:

- BlueZoo Lounge
- JellyRolls (BWR)
- Raglan Road (DS)
- River Roost (PORS)
- Rix Lounge (CSR)
- Scat Cats (POFQ)
- Wave Lounge (CR)

And now Trader Sam's Grog Grotto

I know there's other places to drink on property, I was wondering about highly themed places like PI used to have where Imagineering has worked overtime to create places that are attractions in themselves.

I'll give you Jellyrolls and Raglan, they can be fun, but to me most of those lounges are nice enough, but not a million miles from the kind of upmarket hotel bars you'd get anywhere and not exactly party central - more Senior Frogs than Senor Frogs. The demographic that enjoys the lounges seems to be an older, classier crowd who want a quiet drink as opposed to those who would have been most at home at Mannequins, Comedy or Adventurer's - obviously I'm generalising, but that's the vibe I've got in the past.

Trader Sam's at least appears to be one where Imagineering has gone to town, which is why I asked how it compared to Adventurer's Club.

xstech25

Even with the discount the average WDW employee cannot afford those drinks...
The average Disney employee doesn't have to be able to afford it to have the placed packe with employees. Think of all the thousands of people that work in Celebration, Team Disney, Animation Building, etc that make middle class incomes.
Plus just because the average employee can't afford it doesn't mean they don't go anyway.

Last edited:

betty rose

Non CM's with a unhealthy obsession with WDW, usually visit the place at least twice per week, Everything they own says Disney on it, We are all crazy about Disney but it has a place in our lives as I have Disney clothes but they are only worn AT Disney and the majority of them live in a Owners Locker in Orlando not at home. For a Lifestyler Disney IS their life - hence the name.

Away from Disney the only outward signs of Disney is a Figment on one of the benches in my lab and a couple of Fantasia Cel's on the walls.

Bing Bong

Ok I've only seen this term thrown around recently, but a lot of the people coining the term just seem to be either jealous or trying to talk down on other people's life choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom