PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

Marc Gil

While I'll miss the water and foliage in The Poly lobby, the new lobby design looks pretty neat. I can't tell you how excited my family and are for the addition of Trader Sams.

We had the pleasure of dining at Trader Sams at Disneyland last summer to wind down from the parks. The food and atmosphere was incredible! I can't wait to see the finished project.

gonnichi

I use to love the old lobby. I think I will miss the sound of the waterfall as much as the tropical plants. I just hope I love Trader Sam's and this is all worth the change. Its just will not be the same eating at Kona Café anymore without the lobby greenery and waterfall sounds. :(

Scuttle

I also just watched a video on YouTube of Disneylands Trader Joes. It doesn't seem that great if you ask me. I don't need all that crap when I'm having a few drinks. That's time for relaxation and not forced entertainment.... I dunno maybe it's just me. Or maybe I'm just bitter over the water feature and need to complain about something.

Scuttle

I use to love the old lobby. I think I will miss the sound of the waterfall as much as the tropical plants. I just hope I love Trader Sam's and this is all worth the change. Its just will not be the same eating at Kona Café anymore without the lobby greenery and waterfall sounds. :(
That's very true! That's part of what makes kona great is the ambiance from the water feature... Good call.

Bocabear

Oh Thank God! The lobby now looks like any Hilton or Westin Lobby. Whew...Glad they didn't make it all unique and special...because when I am paying over $300 a night for a room, I want it to be generic with just a vaguely tropical feel... and it's great to hang $50 fishing floats from the ceiling...no one will notice how boring the new interior is...and how economical the decor!
The Trader Sam's art is equally vague and boring.... are there no creative designers left? or have they all been appropriated by the Shanghai Project??

Kman101

The lobby looks very generic. Disappointed in that.

And not that anyone can't go to Trader Sam's but why put it at the Poly? I get it fits the theme but why not Disney Springs? And it looks generic as well.

Guess we'll see what it looks like when done.

LOVE the Nautilus drink. But yeah it'll probably be cut LOL

I'll miss that fountain a lot, but there does seem to be a small water feature (maybe?) underneath that tiki man/god whatever it is in the center ....

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I hate it when designers aren't willing to properly marry form and function. I get why they would want to make a change - the waterfall takes up a space, but to basically throw form out the window? - hardly a good thing when it comes to a Deluxe level hotel lobby. They couldn't find a way to make this unique water\greenery feature of the Poly stay in some shape way or form and still provide the accessibility and openness (I'm guessing)they're shooting for? I think they're just lazy.

Soarin' Over Pgh

The lobby is just as bad as I feared it would be.

I'm sure it's going to be beautifully themed. I'm sure it's going to be open and airy and ease congestion in the lobby. I'm also sure I will always be bitter that they tore out the beautiful water feature that is at the center of so many memories from my childhood.

Same. But change "childhood" to "adulthood" for me.

This is a sad day indeed.

mikenatcity1

I am usually one all for change- it's great to get something new every once in a while. This makes me really sad- this was my favorite resort because of the water fall and how unique it was. Now that the water feature and the large tropical feel will be gone, it won't be a place I have to visit each trip :( Hopefully they can retain some of the special feel that made this a truely amazing resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom