PHOTOS - Dark Gray and Mint Green MagicBands coming to Walt Disney World this month

JaxFLBear

I don't see them on the website as a preorder option. Too bad!
They don't become officially available until 11/29.

Honestly, these colors will likely remain unavailable for resort reservations (and APs) just like White, Navy, Teal, etc. The only solid color they every added to those available with a resort stay was Purple.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They don't become officially available until 11/29.

Honestly, these colors will likely remain unavailable for resort reservations (and APs) just like While, Navy, Teal, etc. The only solid color they every added to those available with a resort stay was Purple.
I tend to agree. More for day guests. With the $10 upgrade from the standard original-ish colors the upgrades at a cost for whimsical imprints is the marketing to resort guests and APs. Today I received my Dory upgrade. Their marketing works. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Simba’s Mom

Cheapskate that I am, I want to make sure that there's still a variety of solid color MBs available for FREE. But even though these are solid colors, these two colors are paid upgrades? As long as I can still get my bright red one for free.

JaxFLBear

Cheapskate that I am, I want to make sure that there's still a variety of solid color MBs available for FREE. But even though these are solid colors, these two colors are paid upgrades? As long as I can still get my bright red one for free.
The only complimentary solid color MBs available are: Red, Blue, (light) Grey, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink & Purple.

The Dark Grey and Mint Green are not available as a paid upgrade. If you want one of these two colors, you will have to pay the regular full retail price (currently $14.99). There are at least 10 other solid color MBs that Disney has released that are retail purchase only.

Simba’s Mom

The only complimentary solid color MBs available are: Red, Blue, (light) Grey, Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink & Purple.

The Dark Grey and Mint Green are not available as a paid upgrade. If you want one of these two colors, you will have to pay the regular full retail price (currently $14.99). There are at least 10 other solid color MBs that Disney has released that are retail purchase only.

Thanks. I was hoping that the new mint green was in the category of the free ones, and also nervous that there might not be free ones any more. For now, red for me.

Weather_Lady

The mint green is super-cute, but I'd rather pay a few dollars for MagicBand skins online (available from a number of third-party companies) than pay Disney twice as much for their designs -- the skins are offered in a wider variety of patterns and characters, and even have glow-in-the-dark and glitter options, which my kids love.

Sans Souci

I'll stick to the free ones for now. But they ever release a nice sea foam green or teal one, I might be tempted to open my wallet.

Lirael

I just chose my preordered bands and neither of these were options. Any idea on when they might be available for preorder?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom