PHOTOS - Construction walls now block of the back section of Streets of America

Jon81uk

You mean there are still attractions open in this park? I thought they were going to do like national parks and make the scenery the main attraction.

That's what they are getting away from, at Streets of America the scenery was the attraction!

boufa

My lord... this thread proves that we can never be happy. (Hang on let me sip some cool-aid)

We need these wall, we want these walls... Without these walls we don't get SWL or TSL. We need the closures, because without these closures we don't have anything new. We all seem to agree that DHS needs help, needs these new lands, and needs phase 4, 5 or 6 or whatever. Then why can't we agree that we need these walls, and that they are a good thing. They can't, (ok, they could, but they won't!) build a new theme park next door, and just move the park over there when they are done with it. So yes, mistakes have been made, the park has been neglected, but these walls prove that those days are over... at least in the short term. I will be there NEXT WEEK! and I will be excited to see the walls, and yes I am going to DHS. I agree with an earlier poster, that in the last 1.5 years not much has gone away to make me want to use that day elsewhere.
It is definitely open to debate about when the opening date will be... and none of us have any actual clue when it will be, so its just a statement of our opinion on Disney construction history. (Based on that I'm thinking 2032!)

Not complaining doesn't make me a tool... Complaining, however, doesn't necessarily mean I'm smart.

I said in my post that I would be there NEXT Week... well that is now Last Week. I promised an update on how my day went. I have been very preachy about how DHS isn't the disaster that people are saying it is. Of course like most people, this was me being an arm chair expert on things that I may or may not have recently experienced. Well, now I have experienced it. Here is how it went.

It was a 9-8 park hours with 7p Fantasmic and 8p Star Wars fireworks. We have been to DHS 3 times in the last 6 or 7 years. So while we have done a lot, we have not done it all. We were 2 adults, no kids (we left them home) and arrived not long after park opening. Everyone tours different, but this is what we did. This is not presented in order. We had fast passes for Star Tours, Toy Story and Disney Jr (a throw away FP ). They were all scheduled somewhat early in the day so I could add more FP's as possible. We did Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride (5th fastpass), Star Tours, the Little Mermaid show, Rock n roller coaster (x2 once with a 4th and 6th fastpass) We did lunch at Scifi, shopped a little. Mickey Meet and greet. Muppetsvision, One Mans Dream, the zootopia preview then we did fantasmic via our 7th fastpass. We spent very little time in any lines, and we had a full and relaxing day. We didn't in any way feel like we ran out of things to do. There were a few things we chose not to do, Tower of Terror being the biggest one, I would have been ok with going to the star wars movie, and the star wars exhibit thing.. kinda wanted to do the star wars meet and greets, but in the end we didn't have time.

We left after fantasmic via Uber and headed to Disney Springs for the rest of the night. We only ate 1 meal at DHS, we had dinner at Wolfgang puck express (best meal we had all week) at D Springs. It was a good day, and looking back at it, I would do it again on another trip. Walls were limited to the back areas of the park, and the a small area by the Jedi acadamy. Looking at the list of things closing in April, and not a single one was anything I did, or would have done.

The take away, first hand experience based on my way of touring the parks, The rumors of DHS's demise have been overstated. It is still a worthwhile park. Its not a part to visit if you are only in the parks for a day or 2, but for day 3+, later in a week, there is no reason to skip it.

Last edited:

Goofyque'

I said in my post that I would be there NEXT Week... well that is now Last Week. I promised an update on how my day went. I have been very preachy about how DHS isn't the disaster that people are saying it is. Of course like most people, this was me being an arm chair expert on things that I may or may not have recently experienced. Well, now I have experienced it. Here is how it went.

It was a 9-8 park hours with 7p Fantasmic and 8p Star Wars fireworks. We have been to DHS 3 times in the last 6 or 7 years. So while we have done a lot, we have not done it all. We were 2 adults, no kids (we left them home) and arrived not long after park opening. Everyone tours different, but this is what we did. This is not presented in order. We had fast passes for Star Tours, Toy Story and Disney Jr (a throw away FP ). They were all scheduled somewhat early in the day so I could add more FP's as possible. We did Indiana Jones, Great Movie Ride (5th fastpass), Star Tours, the Little Mermaid show, Rock n roller coaster (x2 once with a 4th and 6th fastpass) We did lunch at Scifi, shopped a little. Mickey Meet and greet. Muppetsvision, One Mans Dream, the zootopia preview then we did fantasmic via our 7th fastpass. We spent very little time in any lines, and we had a full and relaxing day. We didn't in any way feel like we ran out of things to do. There were a few things we chose not to do, Tower of Terror being the biggest one, I would have been ok with going to the star wars movie, and the star wars exhibit thing.. kinda wanted to do the star wars meet and greets, but in the end we didn't have time.

We left after fantasmic via Uber and headed to Disney Springs for the rest of the night. We only ate 1 meal at DHS, we had dinner at Wolfgang puck express (best meal we had all week) at D Springs. It was a good day, and looking back at it, I would do it again on another trip. Walls were limited to the back areas of the park, and the a small area by the Jedi acadamy. Looking at the list of things closing in April, and not a single one was anything I did, or would have done.

The take away, first hand experience based on my way of touring the parks, The rumors of DHS's demise have been overstated. It is still a worthwhile park. Its not a part to visit if you are only in the parks for a day or 2, but for day 3+, later in a week, there is no reason to skip it.

Great report! I also think there is still plenty to do in DHS. We enjoyed LMA and BLT, but I could ride StarTours all day long. Still lots of great rides and attractions, and lots coming to look forward to!

discos

Couldn't agree more, I've been to DHS twice in the last couple of years and there was always enough to do until around 8 or so, then we'd hop to MK. But I would say 10 hours spent in one park is considered a full day park. I also think DAK is a full day park as well. Those who say its not clearly don't experience half of the attractions (not just rides) that the park has to offer.

dreamscometrue

Similar to our thoughts during our last trip. We did most of the things you noted (except Disney Jr. and Zootopia preview), but also saw Beauty and the Beast and did Tower of Terror twice. I do think that the park needs the additions they are planning, and I'm really excited to have TSL, SWL and whatever phase 3/4 brings, but currently there is still plenty that we like there and we always visit at least once during every trip. (We are people who visit for 7-10 days each time, and buy 'length of stay' park hopper passes, so a day there out of our week, is a must for us.)

Seabasealpha1

Really think they should develop a really big animatronic Iron Giant that they like...put up at demo sites...and he can wave and chew some sheet metal...

the-iron-giant-eating-car.png

Marlins1

It will be a rough stretch for HS just like it was at DS but very much needed. I agree that demolishing the back half of that park will turn out to be a good thing. I am hoping that they have come up with a plan to put Star Wars back there too and can leave the front of the park alone until new attractions open.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, April 3. New construction walls installed last night around Streets of America. The streets of Pixar Place and Muppets Courtyard now end with construction walls. The result is a "dead end" for both areas of the park, meaning you have to backtrack to get to the other location.

The backside of Streets of America with Muppets Courtyard on the left (out of photo).

IMG_7617.JPG

The view from Muppets Courtyard towards Streets of America.

IMG_7618.JPG

The entrance to Muppet Vision 3D is on the left. Existing construction wall around the former Planet Pizza is on the right.

IMG_7620.JPG

The entrance to Streets of America next to The Writer's Stop (windows on right side of photo).

IMG_7621.JPG

The end of Muppets Courtyard with the exit to Muppet Vision 3D on the right, and Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano on the left (out of photo).

IMG_7619.JPG

The end of the street at Pixar Place. This construction wall goes all across the open area.

IMG_7622.JPG

IMG_7624.JPG

Concept art on the above construction wall.

IMG_7623.JPG

IMG_7625.JPG

Update on the demolition of the Premiere Theater, as seen from the Hollywood Studios auto entrance.

IMG_7633.JPG

Last edited:

ChiGuy4Now

Stop the presses. What's the on the left of the Toy Story Land artwork on the construction fence? If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the far right edge of the concept art of Star Wars Land. And that's also new art, as the old art had nothing on that side. Is it possible this is a hint to us that they are indeed placing SWL back there?! EDIT: Just read this same observation in a different thread. Moving along!

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Stop the presses. What's the on the left of the Toy Story Land artwork on the construction fence? If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the far right edge of the concept art of Star Wars Land. And that's also new art, as the old art had nothing on that side. Is it possible this is a hint to us that they are indeed placing SWL back there?! EDIT: Just read this same observation in a different thread. Moving along!

Or it could be that the concept art was done as one large drawing for both lands and they just used that portion of the larger picture for TSL.

Katie G

New art shows an additional building between the restaurant and the toy box store. Perhaps TSMM new entrance? Also, what happened to the whole woody area that was part of the original art bottom right corner... I hope that is still part of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom