News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle stage under refurbishment

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Rebuilding of the Cinderella Castle stage continues at Magic Kingdom​

Cinderella-Castle_Full_41349.jpg

SpectroMagician

Anyone else curious why they heck they would need a heating system in the stage? It's not like it gets cold in Florida or snow needs to be cleared.

Could it potentially be a cooling system? I don't think it would radiate up to the actors though, only keep the black surface of the stage cool to their feet I guess.

JoeCamel

Anyone else curious why they heck they would need a heating system in the stage? It's not like it gets cold in Florida or snow needs to be cleared.

Could it potentially be a cooling system? I don't think it would radiate up to the actors though, only keep the black surface of the stage cool to their feet I guess.
Look upthread

harryk

I have a question:

Does the stage make it so you can't walk through the castle and see the mosaics? Or only at certain times? I feel like I was there when we couldn't walk through for some reason, but I could be imagining it.
Back in the '70's we were able to walk through the Castle and see the mosaics on both sides of the entrance. Then when they began to run more shows they blocked the right side mosaics for costumes and cast changes(?). Well anyway, they kept the screens in place preventing the viewing of the mosaics. For some reason they have not considered having cast rooms below the stage or in other areas so that guests could enjoy the designs in the castle while going though it and having the show go on at the same time. So we get to pay admission to the park and just suck it up and stop complaining that we can't see all the mosaics. Are they still there?

harryk

You would keep it as wood, you want the stage to have some give for the dancers. A sprung floor of sorts, or else you can wreck knees.
I recall when the cast of 'Riverdance' first came to the U.S. they checked out all the floors they were to perform on to make sure that there was enough give in them so that the dancers would not end up with wrecked ankles and knees, especially in New York and Boston.

brb1006

Yep looks that way. Or maybe they will leave it until the imminent return of a show.
I hope the arches don't return. I vividly remember when they were added for the Cinderellabration back in 2006 (which was imported from Tokyo Disneyland). But Disney decided to keep them as long as possible (especially for Dream Along With Mickey) .

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Robinson

I hope the arches don't return. I vividly remember when they were added for the Cinderellabration back in 2006 (which was imported from Tokyo Disneyland). But Disney decided to keep them as long as possible (especially for Dream Along With Mickey) .
Hate the stage pieces. Keep the original look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom