wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Cinderella-Castle_Full_40909.jpg

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Some of those pictures...I had no idea that they had let it go that much. But while they're at it, please put in WOC fountains in the moat. It would be beautiful with HEA.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Maintenance on the castle stage? Why do we need that? We're in a pandemic, we need to save money!" - TDO conference call in Q2 2020.

"Why didn't we maintain the castle stage? Now look at how much money we're going to have to spend to fix that thing up!" - TDO conference call Q1 2021.

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
"Maintenance on the castle stage? Why do we need that? We're in a pandemic, we need to save money!" - TDO conference call in Q2 2020.

"Why didn't we maintain the castle stage? Now look at how much money we're going to have to spend to fix that thing up!" - TDO conference call Q1 2021.
For being in theme parks for over 65 years now, it astounds me that Disney, in often the most obvious places, doesn't do necessary maintenance, and instead does unnecessary jobs. Why maintain the stage of the icon of your flagship resort on its 50th anniversary, when you could paint the furthest building in the back of fantasyland a pale green? (I know there is an obvious price difference, but I know there are many different instances just like this.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For being in theme parks for over 65 years now, it astounds me that Disney, in often the most obvious places, doesn't do necessary maintenance, and instead does unnecessary jobs. Why maintain the stage of the icon of your flagship resort on its 50th anniversary, when you could paint the furthest building in the back of fantasyland a pale green? (I know there is an obvious price difference, but I know there are many different instances just like this.)

We have to remember - Those making the decisions have little to no theme park experience.

etc98

Reminds me of my company, which laid off a third of our department over the summer because of covid. Even now, 6 months later, there’s work that still hasn’t been done because the knowledge base is just gone. (Of course, no managers were let go, and for a time we were at a point where there was one manager for every 3 employees. - but that’s a different story)

And now they’re going on a hiring spree because we’re not going to meet our deadlines, not even thinking about the fact that it’s going to take months for these new people to even get fully ramped up.

The shortsightedness of American companies is astounding.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I’m so happy we are finally getting Alice’s Curious Labyrinth although they may have to update the name so Americans understand it. I’d recommend either “A Maze with Alice and Friends” or “Alice’s Not-So-Confusing Maze Starring Friends from Disney’s Alice in Wonderland Sponsored by Gogurt”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom