News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

LittleMerman

I don't think it's a mess. The proper term is it look busy. Maybe taking down the buntings will solve it. The gems and the gold wraparounds are lovely.
The proper term for me is "mess" but to each their own. Like I said before, it looks to me like they just threw a bunch of multicolored stuff on it, which they actually did.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
@danlb_2000 spotted the permit for the medallion over the weekend.

brb1006

The 50th Anniversary crest has just been put up today making the Cinderella Castle enhancements officially complete.
Cinderella-Castle_Full_43139.jpg

Cinderella-Castle_Full_43140.jpg

Cinderella-Castle_Full_43137.jpg

UNCgolf

The pink looks much better in these photos. I'm not sure if it's just the light they were taken in or if the paint has faded a little.

I think part of it is that the turrets are no longer that almost purple color. That definitely helps.

Still don't think the castle looks anywhere near as good as it did with the original paint scheme, but it looks a lot better than it did when they first painted it in this scheme.

LittleBuford

I think part of it is that the turrets are no longer that almost purple color. That definitely helps.

Still don't think the castle looks anywhere near as good as it did with the original paint scheme, but it looks a lot better than it did when they first painted it in this scheme.
Yes, changing the blue certainly helped.

I like this colour scheme (or at least the way it looks in the latest photos) for the 50th, but I really hope they go back to something closer to what they had before once the celebrations are over.

JoeCamel

Still looks like a plastic castle in woody's toyset but whatever. Let them have their moment

aladdin2007

Still looks like a plastic castle in woody's toyset but whatever. Let them have their moment
agree unfortunately. At least its not hideous or gaudy, its nice I guess. I would have preferred a return to the original castle but thats not synergy enough for chapek and his minions in charge. Everything has to be instagrammable is the mandate and the kingdoms cant have their own identity anymore, they all have to be of the same target like branding.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

agree unfortunately. At least its not hideous or gaudy. I would have preferred a return to the original castle but thats not synergy enough for chapek and his minions in charge. The kingdoms cant have their own identity anymore they all have to be of the same target like branding.
If they all cater to the same base customer Chappie can pare down the merch sku's and save big bucks on manufacturing bulk quantities. The base all want the same stuff, synergy at it's finest....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom