News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Those aren't mounts...

1619624773983.png

Cheeky devils! Give them what for!
Empty the shot lockers!

jrhwdw

So interesting how they are putting up the decor so early. Not like it’s taken them long to put it up.

I wonder why?
We were gong to have the 50th, Memorial Weekend 2021 pre COVID according to these Boards. The Castle didn't get COVID delayed apparently. Any new hope for current or 50th Entertainment?

Stupido

So interesting how they are putting up the decor so early. Not like it’s taken them long to put it up.

I wonder why?
Free Marketing.

Every time someone posts a picture of the castle with these enhancements, they're sharing it with people who may not be as up to date with Disney's history. Random people seeing this might inspire them to go down to Florida to see it for themselves. Plus it elongates the "celebrations" where anyone who goes down this summer will feel like they've had a special experience.

ToTBellHop

We were gong to have the 50th, Memorial Weekend 2021 pre COVID according to these Boards. The Castle didn't get COVID delayed apparently. Any new hope for current or 50th Entertainment?
Yes, as I’ve said previously. This whole refurbishment (including use of a crane) was booked to be finished in the next four weeks. So they stuck with the plan. Banners will wait to go up.

LittleBuford

Yeah, I don't think it's fading.

It does look like a very poorly done paint job up close like that -- but since no guest will ever see it except from far away it doesn't really matter.
I must be seeing something different from the rest of you. To me, it simply looks like the natural and unavoidable effect of light reflecting in variable ways from an uneven surface. The paint job itself seems fine to me.

ToTBellHop

And there’s the answer. Thanks to whoever asked.

View attachment 552910
LOL. If only there were computer programs that could predict what a structure under construction will look like to allow such planning, only requiring a week or so of fine-tuning at the end.

It’s a ridiculous response. They don’t need to fine-tune for five months. But he can’t say, “because we decided to delay the celebration by 4 months,” can he?

trainplane3

And there’s the answer. Thanks to whoever asked.

View attachment 552910
LOL. If only there were computer programs that could predict what a structure under construction will look like to allow such planning, only requiring a week or so of fine-tuning at the end.

It’s a ridiculous response. They don’t need to fine-tune for five months. But he can’t say, “because we decided to delay the celebration by 4 months,” can he?
It just makes me happy he reads the comments on there. I wonder what his thoughts are on the comments for his Harmonious posts? I hope he liked my "Good job on the entrance! Don't know what went wrong with the rest of the park though" comment.

hosekiller

I must be seeing something different from the rest of you. To me, it simply looks like the natural and unavoidable effect of light reflecting in variable ways from an uneven surface. The paint job itself seems fine to me.
I think they’re referring to the fact that it looks like my 3 year old climbed up there and slapped some purple stripes in the roof.

It’s pretty crazy how they look nice and clean from ground level haha

UNCgolf

To be clear, I'm not complaining -- it doesn't matter when it's only going to be viewed from afar. There's really no reason to spend the time/effort to make it actually uniform.

It's not the reflected light, though. You can see globs of paint in certain places; it's not a uniform, smooth application. It would look horrible if it was on the wall at your house.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

This!

Many moons ago I did maintenance on highway billboards. We had a saying that it only needed to look good at 60/60. 60 mph and 60 feet in the air, amazing what you can't see from that distance
We call it the 30 Foot rule on Broadway (Or 50, if you're talking about the "cheap seats" - which I say in quotes because is there even such thing?). There are exceptions, but generally things have to look good from that far away and any closer doesn't matter. Sometimes something will look great up close but like muck from the audience, so you have to tweak it til it reads. Which sometimes makes it look like trash up close, but stunning from the house. What can you do?

JoeCamel

We call it the 30 Foot rule on Broadway (Or 50, if you're talking about the "cheap seats" - which I say in quotes because is there even such thing?). There are exceptions, but generally things have to look good from that far away and any closer doesn't matter. Sometimes something will look great up close but like muck from the audience, so you have to tweak it til it reads. Which sometimes makes it look like trash up close, but stunning from the house. What can you do?
Our artists (before all the printed ones they painted them!) would be able to paint up close and make it look great far away, they did a lot of faces and one guy did fine art in his spare time. Was very much a learned skill and talent.

Touchdown

No idea when it will go up but it’s possible they do not need the most drained to install it?

And bummer, there goes another opportunity for them to install fountains in the moat 🤣.
Edit, last night I saw the castles refection in the moat and assumed it was back, in daylight the dam is still there but the moat has 2-4 in of water in spite of the dam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom