News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

yensidtlaw1969

Nice, did they light up?
I believe they were only lit ambiently, I don't think they had any internal lighting. But they did manage to sparkle at night despite that:

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 5.50.13 PM.png

Goofnut1980

They also used cages for Disneyland’s 50th on the castle.
View attachment 546133
I understand that the blue is supposed to help them blend in with the turrets, but had they gone with the previously used spiral design, it might’ve helped them look better up close.

Why don't they look at previously executed decorations that looked great before thinking they need to re-invent the wheel. This is much more of a grand look personally.

Bocabear

The thing about this look was that everything sparkled...There were flitter disks wired to all the cage work that sparkled in the sunlight... like the giant sequins on billboards... There were glints of gold everywhere... They could have left off the Magic Mirror and lit the turret cages for something different, but the old look was mush more elegant and fitting than this chunky gaudy decor they are currently installing...
1617894678379.png

I am assuming the chunky-ness of the ribbons is purposeful to allow projections at night...

ToTBellHop

The thing about this look was that everything sparkled...There were flitter disks wired to all the cage work that sparkled in the sunlight... like the giant sequins on billboards... There were glints of gold everywhere... They could have left off the Magic Mirror and lit the turret cages for something different, but the old look was mush more elegant and fitting than this chunky gaudy decor they are currently installing...
View attachment 546425
I am assuming the chunky-ness of the ribbons is purposeful to allow projections at night...
Wendy has a pole sticking out of her.

I think we have our rose-colored glasses on. The 50th castle was gaudy as the kids and The Zach would say. No Mary Blair in sight. It was decorated like a crazy bohemian decorates her “garden” with 74 lawn gnomes, assorted butterflies, and a series of other lawn ornaments picked up at 83 different yard sales.

Last edited by a moderator:

dreday3

View attachment 546425

That....is hideous.

Bocabear

Wendy has a pole sticking out of her.

I think we have our rose-colored glasses on. The 50th castle was gaudy af as the kids and The Zach would say. No Mary Blair in sight.
Annnnnd....the pink Castle with chunky ribbons is somehow better?
My biggest problem with it is that they have changed Cinderella's Castle to look like Sleeping Beauty's Castle... The WDW Castle is the most iconic moment in the park, and to alter it to look like another castle in another park just seems so wrong on so many levels... Add decor, yes, but change the actual color idiom feels wrong... No matter how many people think that Rose Gold is a good idea...it is just not.
Paint Disneyland Paris Castle Rose Gold and it would feel more appropriate... like a plussing up of their existing color for a celebration... But this pink and purple just feel wrong for a golden anniversary...

Father Robinson

Seeing the bunting with the ribbons together, I'm really digging where this is going. They balance each other very well, bringing visual interest up the castle. I hope they don't go too far with embellishments once the ribbons are finished, it'll most likely start getting to be too much.
They could lessen it for sure by losing the pink and...

Actually just lose the pink.

LOSE THE PIIIIIINK!

Burn it and bury it anywhere but the pet cemetery.

180º

The whole WDW 50th aesthetic has been classy and beautiful overall. I love what it’s brought to the welcome signs and toll plaza, and these decorations are shaping up to be one of the nicest park icon overlays anywhere.

Shame about the castle paint, but I can live with it for a year and then I’m going to start yelling for a fix. ;)

peter11435

What's hilarious to me is with the official promo photos of the castle, they always choose to photograph it in the morning light, when it looks the least pink lol. If they weren't too happy with the purple turrets, I can't imagine they're all that ecstatic over the tan-pink walls either.
Official photos are usually taken in the morning light because they are generally taken before or after park opening

cookiee_munster

I'm glad the roofs have been painted a different shade now, but will always have an issue with just how shiny and plastic they look. I thought the fact that they were one solid colour just really emphasized the fact that it really is a fake castle. But I thought painting each shingle on the roof would be a ridiculous and arduous task! They'd never do anything like that! Far too much work!

And then, last night I saw this -

ho-hum... :confused:

The Paris castle still remains the most beautiful Disney castle that's in any of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom