News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

LittleBuford

Fine, I guess I'll do it!

First "ribbon" installed overnight.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/04/firs...or-disney-world-50th-anniversary-celebration/

cinderella-castle-turret-decoration-50th-anniversary-10.jpg
Looking pretty good in this picture, even the pink!

Goofnut1980

Definately no "Dream Lights" this year for Christmas. I am pretty sure they could have designed that a bit better. The support really stands out. We know why they had to repaint the roof blue, it would not have matched at all.

Disney Analyst

Definately no "Dream Lights" this year for Christmas. I am pretty sure they could have designed that a bit better. The support really stands out. We know why they had to repaint the roof blue, it would not have matched at all.

If you look at a photo I posted earlier from a Zoomed view, you can see the cage was the old roof colour also, they repainted it blue. So this was initially designed for the new roof colour and changed as well.

JoeCamel

It's funny the Disneyland 50th overlay of WDW's Castle looks WAY more appropriate that painting our castle , Disneyland's color scheme...and the decor as a whole from the old celebrations is more elegant and polished looking.
Don't hate the new cages, but they are way more cartoony...
Yeah, ribbons and drapes vs filigree and golden characters cavorting. Wonder where those characters are today?

LittleBuford

Aside from the ribbon itself, which I think looks awkward and clumsily executed, the real offender is the blue cage underneath. It won't be noticeable from a great distance, but it's been painfully noticeable so far in every picture of the castle I've seen that features it.
Thanks for clarifying. It doesn't bother me, but I can see why others feel differently.

yensidtlaw1969

Thanks for clarifying. It doesn't bother me, but I can see why others feel differently.
Totally fine - I think I may also be secretly comparing this with the gold trimmings added to Sleeping Beauty Castle for Disneyland's 50th, which I thought were genuinely handsome, regal, and appropriate for the occassion. By comparison our first glimpse of WDW's Castle's gilding feels totally value-engineered to me.

This isn't even a particularly great picture of what DL did with its Castle Crowns, and yet it looks so much more legitimate than the WDW photo above:
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 5.17.48 PM.png

LittleBuford

Totally fine - I think I may also be secretly comparing this with the gold trimmings added to Sleeping Beauty Castle for Disneyland's 50th, which I thought were genuinely handsome, regal, and appropriate for the occassion. By comparison our first glimpse of WDW's Castle's gilding feels totally value-engineered to me.

This isn't even a particularly great picture of what DL did with its Castle Crowns:
View attachment 546158
Those trimmings were certainly impressive! The ribbon on Cinderella Castle does look underwhelming by comparison, but I'm assuming there's more to come before the makeover is finished.

JoeCamel

This isn't even a particularly great picture of what DL did with its Castle Crowns, and yet it looks so much more legitimate than the WDW photo above:
View attachment 546158
Nice, did they light up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom