News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

SpectroMan93

They didn’t put the bunting on the small turret to the right. I know that’s gonna bother me if they leave it that way lol. Otherwise it looks great. It’s festive and also blends in well with the castle. That blue really is gorgeous. With the gold trine and the gray walls, it all compliments each other nicely. Now that they’ve fixed the blue, let’s see if they’ll address the pink in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

markham

Not to play armchair imagineer, but I couldn't help myself... Using the existing castle pink as an undercoat and adding in dimension with the more bisque color of the initial artist rendering. I'll tell my kids it looked like this lol. Thank you for the photos @wdwmagic — I hope you don't mind me using one for this! :)
Cinderella-Castle_Full_41571.jpg

JoeCamel

While I do think the decorations are nice, I just don’t see the overall decor/marketing package reading as a 50th anniversary. Disneyland’s 50th clearly did, but I’m not too sure what’s not reading well with what I’ve seen so far from WDW.
Even with the ribbons on the turrets?

hpyhnt 1000

Goes to show what a difference the camera and lighting conditions can make:

Low clouds, soft morning light through the fog, and a camera with settings that darken the blue turrets and mute the pink - it actually looks pretty good and fairly close to the concept art.

But then it can also look like this. No more low clouds, harsher mid-day light, and a camera with higher saturation levels that makes for a much more plasticy and tacky looking castle.

It looks great in the first pic, but awful in the second (sorry @wdwmagic - not blaming you! ;)).

brihow

The vast difference between concept and reality. View attachment 544361
This highlights my issue as to why they didn't go darker blue on the shingles, as long as they were repainting them? As much as I don't like the pink, the darker blue would have made the pink read lighter than it is which would have helped a lot. I guess I don't get any of the decisions regarding the castle lately.

markham

I see paint fading often discussed here, sometimes as a rationale for odd color choices, and other times asking why they didn’t go bolder to accommodate for fading, but, and I’m asking this honestly out of curiosity, why are so many other tropical and even more equatorial locations known for their vibrant colors without having to accommodate the awkward/ugly pre-fade and post-optimal fade? Think Curaçao and Valparaíso. These locations surely experience as harsh of sunlight, don’t employ a team of full time painters, and yet are able to maintain their look. Is it an issue of lacking competent maintenance or choosing materials improperly? Surely the answer cannot be that we’ll have a garish paint scheme for a year or two. Then it fades and is what we hoped for about a year. Then it gets drab and sad for a year or 2.

They should really have multiple full scale mock-ups of a slice of the castle and all of the icons somewhere on property to test new treatments in the local conditions a year or more out, making sure that it’s beautiful when applied and at all stages throughout its intended lifespan. That is what I would do at least.

it’s just so curious to me.

Nland316

Even with the ribbons on the turrets?
While I know it’s a bit early to really declare, I just think the whole rose gold scheme doesn’t work for a 50th anniversary. Especially with the specific palette choices found in costumes, logos, and such. I’d much rather see something much more regal and elegant, versus contemporary and trendy. While the anniversary decor isn’t complete, we definitely have a flavor of the tone and styling already.

5B423C02-522F-4EEA-BB20-4E4615B097E3.jpeg
474DBF37-8587-4C27-B175-7F61C241157B.jpeg
45DB9347-E4C3-4BED-A720-8FAED91EFA1C.jpeg
1FF21E98-7643-4C30-996D-1268548C5C2E.jpeg
1F66098F-BB00-4E18-86CC-8176C85AAEFD.jpeg
F3AA7813-6EEB-4DD8-816B-56C497081426.jpeg

The decor I’ve been seeing does look good — I must emphasize. However, I just think it fits a different anniversary milestone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom