News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

SpectroMan93

When the new castle color scheme debuted, I kept thinking that the pink color was a darker under coat and that they would be coming in and making lighter/less saturated gradations to the structure to emphasize the architecture. Much like the adjacent Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique or the clone at Tokyo Disneyland. Not just flat color but adding some dimension and lightening up the whole structure. I truly didn’t think it was possible they were leaving it like that haha. Shows what I know! 😂

View attachment 543949
View attachment 543952
YES. That’s EXACTLY what’s wrong with the new paint job. It’s shiny and new, but feels flat and one dimensional. Even the pink on the other castles is used to give them greater depth and height.
15A43DCC-CE30-43AB-A7B9-208460415D55.jpeg

BEC379E1-D4D5-4B97-A208-6A24E5EA0717.jpeg

Amidala

I am so glad to see the purple roofs going away...Now they need to address the Golden Girls Mauve color on the castle... Nothing would have been more elegant for the 50th than the castle in it's original colors then accented with gold leaf... The Blue , pale gray and Gold would have looked smart and regal...and would have celebrated the unique (when built) Castle design for this park... Instead of muddying the parks icon up with Disneyland's Paint scheme.

Exactly. Silver is my preference, but I think for the 50th gold would make a nice contrast with the pale gray and blue. I really hope they do away with that mauve ASAP, Cinderella's Castle should be cool colors. Pink is for SB Castle.

ToTBellHop

Hey Zach, the decorations look great, now just get rid of the sunburn pink on the castle and you have got a beautiful icon for the 50th!
He answers only to “The Zach”.

Must he post about every small achievement? It used to be that these things happened magically overnight. Tomorrow it will be, “Last night, our @WaltDisneyImagineering and @WaltDisneyWorld teams changed out the toilet paper in the Splash Mountain men’s restroom, home to the world-famous boys’ urinal that could flush a body. Can’t wait to share more as we move to the Pirates of the Caribbean restroom in the years ahead!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom