News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Giss Neric

What's plan with the pace/scheduling of these decorations? It seems like they have a team of two people who go up each night and put up a single decoration then call it a night? Wouldn't it make more sense to not do anything at this point, and then closer to the 50th put it all up over the course of a single week with a larger team? The current method seems like an inefficient time use for all the machinery involved, and the fact that the moat needs to be drained for the length of the construction.

Perhaps they wanted to test a few molded pieces first and see how they looked before ordering or installing the remainder? It can't simply be a money savings technique.
Well, Spring Break is here and summer is coming so they want guests to take uninterrupted views of the castle. Remember how cranes ruins the their castle pics and some even just edits it out.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, Spring Break is here and summer is coming so they want guests to take uninterrupted views of the castle. Remember how cranes ruins the their castle pics and some even just edits it out.

I’m guessing that’s what the cherry pickers currently parked in the moat are for. That and painting, which seems to be a nighttime activity right now as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With name like Jabots and swags I was half expecting to see some kind of lame rappers.
Here's one in gold lame.

1616701351494.png

dreday3

Looks like more decorations up and repainting of the roof is almost done.

Sigh.. she used to be so beautiful

I always seem to be on the positive side of things...and I am again. 🤣

I can't understand the issue - it looks like any princess movie where the castle would be decorated with "swag" for some big celebration. I mean, isn't that kind of the point? It's supposed to look like a fairytale - and in this fairytale the kingdom is throwing a party!

I like it. :)

LittleBuford

Sigh.. she used to be so beautiful
I actually think these latest pictures look much better than the initial redo of last year. At least now, it reads as a temporary scheme designed to celebrate a particular occasion. I’m hoping once the 50th is over it’ll go back to something closer to the muted palette we had before (or what they currently have in Japan).

Disney Analyst

I actually think these latest pictures look much better than the initial redo of last year. At least now, it reads as a temporary scheme designed to celebrate a particular occasion. I’m hoping once the 50th is over it’ll go back to something closer to the muted palette we had before (or what they currently have in Japan).

I think the blue roofs certainly help. A lot less jarring.

Disney Analyst

You were one of the few here who openly liked the new paint scheme when it was unveiled! What made you change your mind?

I just don’t let things like this bother me, but I can understand why some would be perturbed. I can handle change, as I know it will likely be adjusted and changed based on what the majority want.

But in retrospect, the roof colour was certainly odd. I think the blue has wider appeal.

UNCgolf

I think the decorations look fine. They could have done much better (and I still think using a water-resistant or waterproof fabric would have been a much better choice than the molded plastic), but they also could have done a lot worse.

The pink paint is just awful, though, and makes the whole castle look bad regardless of what else they do to it.

GimpYancIent

I think the decorations look fine. They could have done much better (and I still think using a water-resistant or waterproof fabric would have been a much better choice than the molded plastic), but they also could have done a lot worse.

The pink paint is just awful, though, and makes the whole castle look bad regardless of what else they do to it.
True the Pink is the big detractor, but, as I said before It is still retaining a touch of elegance where as there is history of far more terrible color and decoration schemes. I do hold out hope since the cherry pickers are stationed around the castle and painting does occur over night that one morning the sun will rise and shine revealing no more Pink.

trainplane3

Agreed. The blue is very nice, the decorations are good, the pink is terrible.

They keep pushing the "ear"idescent color for the 50th. They should go with a white color but have something else added into it to make the castle sparkle or slightly color shift. I'm not a paint expert to know if that's possible. The sun-burnt pink is just so out of place and random.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom