News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

MagicWDI

Did the paint actually fade that much that quicky? Do we have photos of it a few weeks ago? I speculate the fade we see it possibly due to some sort of sanding or pre-painting work. Some recent photos would help see if this paint is really going to fade that much in less than a year.

JoeCamel

Did the paint actually fade that much that quicky? Do we have photos of it a few weeks ago? I speculate the fade we see it possibly due to some sort of sanding or pre-painting work. Some recent photos would help see if this paint is really going to fade that much in less than a year.
No, they are two different paints and colors

JoeCamel

I see that, but the purple paint looks extremely faded. Im wondering if they are priming that area for fresh (blue) paint or if that rough look is the result of the purple paint fading since last year.
Remember the purple changes colors in different light

MagicWDI

Remember the purple changes colors in different light
I'm referring to this. In this image from BlogMickey, it appears the purple paint is faded. Are you saying this is due to the paint changing color in the light?

1615770398038.png

flynnibus

Premium Member
GPS is the reason for the change in approaches to mapping the parks. Electronic mapping apps would not be able to effectively show your location on an exaggerated/oversimplified map.

Not true. You simply translate locations to the “fake” map.

But since the tech is there to scroll, zoom, etc...and you are trying to represent real “paths” for estimates... it all points you to true scale in the parks verse stylization

_caleb

Not true. You simply translate locations to the “fake” map.

But since the tech is there to scroll, zoom, etc...and you are trying to represent real “paths” for estimates... it all points you to true scale in the parks verse stylization
Of course the app could snap the location marker to a predetermined path on a stylized map. But how effective would that be in helping users orient themselves? If you’re walking along a path that isn’t even on the map, so the map shows your location as being on a different path, what’s the point?

HauntedMansionFLA

Wait til you see the effect of the time delayed paint. Full of high tech micro crystals that have a timed release. Exactly at the start of the 50th celebration they will burst and the turrets will be coated in golden, iridescent rainbows. It will be so magical to see them transform as if a wizard's wand waved over them.....
That sounds like a great way to start the 50th anniversary!!😉😄

JoeCamel

I have a feeling someone figured out the purplish Blue that was on the turrets was not only awful, but clashes with the castle decor for the 50th... So saying it "faded" is a good excuse to repaint, fix the mistake, and save face/ The newly installed decor is very blue...not purple blue...
But it is rose gold iridescence set on a blue background. It was magical

Now do the pink

Stupido

Does anyone have any idea of why they’ve gotten such a head start on this project?
I mean, the sooner these Embellishments are up, the sooner every Instagram post becomes free advertising to come down to Florida and see the new castle for yourself. Doesn't surprise me that they'd try to get the most out of these timed installations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom