News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

JoeCamel

The fantasyland rooftops were still the old shade of blue as of 7/7, and they look bad. They realllly need a coat of paint that matches now.
Usually when they paint Bibidi Bobidi it is a seperate project as other paths have to be restricted. The turrets by belle have been painted

tirian

Based on opening reports/castmember preview vlogs from different YouTubers, big and small, they all like the new castle. I haven't heard anyone dislike it and I don't think they are kissing Disney's behind.
- Disney social media/youtube vloggers
- Not kissing Disney's behind

Pick one.

Oof, today’s Micechat update is painful to read. The guy trips over himself trying to emphasize that this is the most perfect thing ever and makes the castle look enormous and — well, he basically repeats all the talking points Disney marketing released months ago (squeal!). ;)

I’m not opposed to an updated paint job, but a sunburnt castle that doesn’t photograph consistently and visually connects the pavement to the sky is not appealing.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Taken this morning when there was a shady moment.

IMG_5394.jpg

Kman101

Seeing it on videos it looks 100x better so I'm very curious to see it in person. It still seems a bit messy though.

I mean, they thought a Kaleidoscope of colors on Innoventions building looked good too, so ... whoever decides what gets painted needs some glasses

_caleb

What color was the castle before this? I’ve seen it lots of times, and I can see photos online. But I’m curious how people would describe the previous colors.

Captain Barbossa

Nice to see that they found a place to relocate the Festival of the Arts Paint by Numbers Mural to!
Yes! And to help celebrate the 70th anniversary of Cinderella even more, this once in a lifetime opportunity can be experienced for the low price of $70! (Plus tax, no AP/DVC discount, specialty cupcake not included)

chaosalert

I saw this on FB today. When you look at the comparison side by side I think the new colours are an improvement! But maybe that’s just me, who knows.
8A244365-89BD-4F11-9ECA-2472636B1546.jpeg

G00fyDad

I saw this on FB today. When you look at the comparison side by side I think the new colours are an improvement! But maybe that’s just me, who knows.
View attachment 482549

They should have made the castle all gray (no pink). The gold accents are a nice touch. And they should have used a bolder blue for the spires without the glossy topcoat. That makes it look like a Fisher-Price kids play castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom