News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

SpectroMan93

B71F8EEF-4876-4BC4-BAB7-CB2A26466871.jpeg

I think it looks great. I know people are very resistant to change here, but nothing in the picture above elicits a reaction of disgust from me. I don’t get the criticisms that the shine on the turrets make it look like plastic. It’s new paint, of course it’s gonna shine. It will fade over time. The paint on the turrets was faded for so long that people forget what a new coat of paint actually looks like. From what I’ve seen online from people reporting from inside the park, the majority think it looks great. I’m gonna keep an open mind until I see it in person.

LittleBuford

View attachment 482035

I think it looks great. I know people are very resistant to change here, but nothing in the picture above elicits a reaction of disgust from me. I don’t get the criticisms that the shine on the turrets make it look like plastic. It’s new paint, of course it’s gonna shine. It will fade over time. The paint on the turrets was faded for so long that people forget what a new coat of paint actually looks like. From what I’ve seen online from people reporting from inside the park, the majority think it looks great. I’m gonna keep an open mind until I see it in person.

That blue. :(

I agree one can't fully understand the effect without seeing it in person, but the colours should be such that they photograph well under most conditions. I haven't seen a single image where the blue doesn't look jarring.

tirian

Public reaction — real reaction, not Twitter accounts from self-proclaimed “media”—will be interesting. As of 8am this morning, four of my friends have already asked what happened to the castle. One asked why Disney is still chasing the rose gold fad. Another simply used a row of “puke” emojis. :D

None of the photos they sent match hues.

I suspect Disney is going to regret how this paint job photographs like everything from a sunburnt Irish woman to a baby blanket.

Mickey Pride

There have been photos that seem like to have been altered at first that really turned me off to this whole change. Now that I have seen several updated photos the Castle has warmed up to me. I still believe that it should have been left alone, but what it looks like now is not bad.

Disney4family

I think the contrast between the two colors is way more distinct in the Hong Kong Castle than the one in WDW.
Probably. It just reminded me of it. That's all. This one and the Disneyland one (which is really cartoon-y).
I just don't know why they had to mess with the WDW castle and paint it similar colors (albeit different shades, hues, tints, tones, saturations, etc.) to their other castles.
That's all.

hokielutz

From the photos posted today... it looks like Merriweather won the Pink vs Blue battle.

The enhanced photos that made their way around a couple weeks ago told a different story.

Mickey Pride

Probably. It just reminded me of it. That's all. This one and the Disneyland one (which is really cartoon-y).
I just don't know why they had to mess with the WDW castle and paint it similar colors (albeit different shades, hues, tints, tones, saturations, etc.) to their other castles.
That's all.
I agree with you that they shouldn’t have messed with it in the first place. I just think some of the first photos I viewed were altered some to make it more cartoonish than the later pictures are actually showing. I actually don’t think it is horrible as I originally thought, but still wish they would have just left it alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom