News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1593922421090.png

brihow

My thoughts change daily depending on which pictures I see (camera, settings, weather etc making a huge difference). Hoping it looks like the below in person. This is probably the best I've seen of the new scheme.

I agree those new photos are much more flattering. There is still something very 'off' to me about the saturation and purple tone to the shingles. They look very cheap / plastic-y as others have pointed out.

yensidtlaw1969

It doesn't look nearly as pink as in other photos. Lighting really is important haha
That's part of the challenge with metallic paints - when viewing the castle from above it appears to reflect the light bouncing off the ground around it. When viewed from below it reflects the light from the sky, which is obviously MUCH brighter than the ground and results in a MUCH more flattering effect.

We've still seen some disappointing pictures, so it's tough to say whether these new pictures are edited or the photographer caught things in a lucky moment, but it gives me a little more hope than the photos of the sunburned monstrosity ever did.

tirian

That's part of the challenge with metallic paints - when viewing the castle from above it appears to reflect the light bouncing off the ground around it. When viewed from below it reflects the light from the sky, which is obviously MUCH brighter than the ground and results in a MUCH more flattering effect.

We've still seen some disappointing pictures, so it's tough to say whether these new pictures are edited or the photographer caught things in a lucky moment, but it gives me a little more hope than the photos of the sunburned monstrosity ever did.
Somehow it also looks much shorter, as if the top portion is compressed downwards.

tirian

My thoughts change daily depending on which pictures I see (camera, settings, weather etc making a huge difference). Hoping it looks like the below in person. This is probably the best I've seen of the new scheme.

The colors are heavily edited; look at the topiary in the final image as a color reference.

yensidtlaw1969

Somehow it also looks much shorter, as if the top portion is compressed downwards.
Absolutely - the highest concentration of darkness is now at the highest tower, which should be the lightest part of the structure. They should have given it a wash of light paint to compensate and keep the recesses from harboring all those shadows.

This is funny to me because I'm so bothered by the way overdid the atmospheric perspective on the hightest tower of Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL with its repaint last year. I understand wanting to make that castle look taller, but they went too light too fast and it isn't believable for that structure. Seems like the pendulum swung too far back the other way for Cinderella Castle, which is tall enough to support that sort of extreme forced atmospheric treatment.

Crazydisneyfanluke

There is a "cloud" or "halo" around the castle proves how edited it is.

yensidtlaw1969

Just saw this pop up in my facebook feed - I swear, every picture we see of this thing is COMPLETELY different. We're really gonna have to wait and see it in person before any meaningful or accurate concensus can be formed.
106308103_10216428814344268_284937911284997831_o.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just saw this pop up in my facebook feed - I swear, every picture we see of this thing is COMPLETELY different. We're really gonna have to wait and see it in person before any meaningful or accurate concensus can be formed.
View attachment 481856
Yes all to do with camera quality settings, adjustments, and lighting conditions. That one looks like a lot of processing on the image.

jinx8402

The colors are heavily edited; look at the topiary in the final image as a color reference.
Yeah definitely looks edited, my point was of that is what it looks like in person, it will look good.

View attachment 481856
That one is way over saturated. You can barely see the pattern on the roof.

tirian

Yeah definitely looks edited, my point was of that is what it looks like in person, it will look good.

That one is way over saturated. You can barely see the pattern on the roof.
Yeah, this is looking worse and worse as the photos come in. People are clearly trying to overcompensate in their editing, which means something doesn’t look right in quick snapshots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom