News PHOTOS - Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom to receive enhancements this summer

Nland316

ahh...the castle I remember as a kid. not sure which i loved more....the look of the castle... or the twinkling trees! gosh, i miss those trees! :happy:View attachment 456858
I desperately wish for Disney to bring back big trees in the hub and to get rid of the castle stage one day. I will go one step further and say to bring back the curb around the Partner’s statue like DL was able to maintain despite them getting rid of the curb along the outer ring of the hub. One day...

Giss Neric

I desperately wish for Disney to bring back big trees in the hub and to get rid of the castle stage one day. I will go one step further and say to bring back the curb around the Partner’s statue like DL was able to maintain despite them getting rid of the curb along the outer ring of the hub. One day...
Will not happen as it will obstruct view from the castle and the projection mapping shows in the castle. I can't count how many times I've seen people getting mad at CMs just cause their spot to watch wasn't the best and now more people will find it hard to find good spots if there are trees obstructing their views.

Nland316

Will not happen as it will obstruct view from the castle and the projection mapping shows in the castle. I can't count how many times I've seen people getting mad at CMs just cause their spot to watch wasn't the best and now more people will find it hard to find good spots if there are trees obstructing their views.
Totally get the logic behind that, and how unlikely it is anytime in the future.

It is a bit disappointing it can’t be worked around, meanwhile DL is able to do extensive projection/firework shows regardless of their hub trees. Especially since Florida’s castle is way larger.

*sigh*

Otamin

Does anyone know if Cinderella Castle ever used shades of paint to create a forced perspective effect like the tiny little Sleeping Beauty Castle at DL does? I know the MK castle is much larger, I’m just wondering if this new color scheme will try for that.
It never has from what I can gather, and I hope it never does.

But that said I personally don't like the new forced perspective colour scheme at Disneyland since it just looks silly in my eyes.
Trees back in the central hub (even the size of those at Disneyland) would be fantastic, but it unfortunately won't happen.

The view of the castle from Main Street is massively hurt without them.

_caleb

The castle parks have always had an interesting relationship with trees around the castles. When the trees are small, they really complement the castle. But when they get too big, they can throw off the proportions. I'm fine with fewer trees in front of Cinderella Castle, but I'm not a fan of the hub looking like a parking lot, either.

N2dru

Anyone thinks Disney will take this as an opportunity to release a 50th anniversary version of the castle in toy/model version? With the new paint scheme/decorations etc...similar to how DL did for theirs? Especially since the monorail castle was discontinued. It looked more like the real thing than the current toy castle that's being sold now. Not the Lego one.

Last edited:

Nland316

Some pictures of the recently redone castle over at TDL. Good accents were added, but very minimally done compared to what’s expected out of MK. I actually really love the more classy look they were able to achieve. Hoping ours is done to a similar level of craftsmanship.

Otamin

Some pictures of the recently redone castle over at TDL. Good accents were added, but very minimally done compared to what’s expected out of MK. I actually really love the more classy look they were able to achieve. Hoping ours is done to a similar level of craftsmanship.

I’ve always liked the aging/worn look on their castle.

It adds detail that would be greatly beneficial to WDW’s.

Amused to Death

ABF67B0F-1B17-476A-9F73-9E0E5E92E77F.jpeg

Prototype82

I'm afraid of it looking to warm after this is all done. I think Cindy's castle should look cool. Like a glass slipper. White, blue, and Ivory. Still not a fan of painting "stone" gold. That's something for metal accents IMO. It's really nice to see those faded blues spruced up though. I'm glad she's getting some love, even if it'll be awhile 'til she's done.

IveBeenJack

My concern is that if they stick with the "rose pink/peach" colour, then the contact between the new gold accents will be lost, and make the castle look less distinctive. Hoping that this is an undercoat... but somehow I feel they are aiming at doing the same as they did with Disneyland, Shanghai and Hong Kong's castle all using similar colour schemes.

Colours.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My concern is that if they stick with the "rose pink/peach" colour, then the contact between the new gold accents will be lost, and make the castle look less distinctive. Hoping that this is an undercoat... but somehow I feel they are aiming at doing the same as they did with Disneyland, Shanghai and Hong Kong's castle all using similar colour schemes.

View attachment 457537

The castle will become invisible at sunrises and sunsets!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom